TE-510 / 450 Set Up Poll

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by danbartol, Mar 9, 2011.

?

TE-510 / 450 Set Up Poll

Stock (Strangled) 3 vote(s) 13.6%
Power-Up 16 vote(s) 72.7%
PC-V + Autotune 3 vote(s) 13.6%
  1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

How do you have your Husky set up and how is it running in this configuration?
  2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got the PC-V + Autotune and the bike seems to be running fine, but I'm still not convinced it works properly in the long run. Seems like I have to occasionally go in and reset the parameters to make it run right. from some of the reading I have been doing is seems the PC-V + Autotune set-up is optimal for street performance, not offroad/single track where there are too many constant changes in throttle position and power output needed for the autotune to function properly.

Primarily I'm interested in seeing how many TE are running Powered up vs Atotuned. I doubt there will be many Stock set ups.

Thanks, Dan
  3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    09TE450. I have a stock set up in PowerUP mode for 2009/10. Stock exhaust- but with a modified insert that achieves 95db. I leaned the CO settings (98.5, 99, 99.5) and have my TPS set at the standard 100.2% at WOT. My bike runs perfect: in open and in very tight single track. My bike runs perfect in Wisconsin, Michigan, California, and Nevada in 10’F or 95’F weather. I hope to add more tests sites and conditions as soon as I can…

I know some local Husky’s that are in Stock mode and some that are partial: 08TE610- stock, 08TE250 PowerUp, 08TE450-stock, 08TE510 Power up but with CAT stock pipe. ALL with stock ecu setting (lambda installed) report delayed throttle response. I tell them all to fully power up but they just deal with it and I truly believe they have lower expectations than me.

I think having the PCV-AT is more common on TT and CH regulars than non-readers. Due to Modification-Trends. Not knocking them, I believe it’s the easiest, quickest, and for some the only solution. The JDtuner looks very promising as well. I personally do not plan on buying a tuner because I am not experiencing any issues. If I was racing Supermoto I might have to give one a try though- to see if there’s a couple HP hidden somewhere… never know..[IMG]
  4. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have mine, 09 TE510, in stock strangled mode. Right now I am having some low end power and hesitation issues, but I think that has to do with something else. Before this issue it had a delayed throttle response, but it wasn't too bad. I haven't put it in power up mode because that will void the warranty I have on it. A friend of mine that has a 09 TE450 put his in power up mode and he said that it wasn't running good and seemed like it was running lean, so he put it back to stock. I am not sure which way I want to go with mine just yet.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

08 TE510 power-up, (includes arrow exhaust) since day 1 and runs 100% perfect. No hesitation, bog or any other unusual issues. 100% satisfided and she rips

when new
    [IMG]
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice!

Keep it coming.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    2010 TE 450 in PowerUp mode, not sure what muffler I have but it is very loud, aftermarket Ducati fuel pump, I struggle to get 40mpg, but the bikes is a jet, no bogs, no hesitations, no performance issues at all. When this bike gets on the pipe, I cannot shift the gears fast enough to keep up. I will be riding it up to 10k feet elevation this month (March) and will report back on its performance.
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    '08 TE 510 with Husky p/u. Runs GREAT! Front tires last a long time. [IMG]
  9. freeski2 Husqvarna
    B Class

Dan,
    I know this doesn't belong here, but I am new to cafehusky and not able to pm you. I was also not able to reply in the classified section. I tried to get a hold of you on ADV rider too. I am interested in the IMS tank you have for sale. Could you shoot me an email at cwertz@bham.wednet.edu?
    Thanks,
    Chad
  10. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    '10 TE 450 with power up, otherwise stock, performs very well, fuel economony (98 octane) absolute crap !!!
  11. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Dan,
    I am power up (voted) but i needed to do some tweaking of the fueling to get it right.
    There were a load of posts somewhere with my settings etc but I cant find them now. I dyno-ed it, great, but had the hesitation at the bottom in the real world. Closed the gap on the first two settings and she was right as rain with no bogging of the bottom.
    I have the insert in the pipe end still but its only a couple of inches long. With it removed made it snappier and a lot louder but with no actual power gain.
    TE510 09

Alec (loving the Safari Tank!) :thumbsup:
  12. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

Mine's a 2010 SMR510, but I voted anyway. PCV/autotune definitely works, but does require some tweaking here and there. I disabled it and had Bill (BMP Salem, OR) check the bike out and he said he thought it ran great. It felt sluggish to me. When I got home I re-activated the Autotune and one ride told me the results were worth it. More power and better delivery.
  13. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    09 TE510 full power up mode all settings still as they came with the bike,for the most part works great only grip sometimes seems like slight hesitation after letting off to set up for turn and then stall when running tighter single track when hot.I'm running 1 tooth up on front from stock,and should try going back down 1 to see if that helps.I have not changed or checked throttle position or settings as I have no software or the cables to do so,although the dealer said once the bike was broken in that there were some setting adjustments that should be addressed.
  14. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    '08 TE510 with PU. Dan at Motoexotica set the CO value(s) so I don't know what they are. The bike runs great. The bike has a crazy amount of low-end to mid-range power. The only nit-pick I have is a off-idle behavior. If I get too aggressive with the throttle off-idle it sometimes does a big POP and dies. I haven't actually had this happen lately, and I'm not sure if it's wrist training or the machine has changed.
  15. '09 TE450 with PC, got rid of the auto tune, it rarely worked but when it did the bike would overheat in the tight stuff with it, don't waste your money on an auto tune! I'm happy with the Power Commander alone, IMO it works better than just the PU with less flame out.

...trying not to rant too much about the auto tune...:censored:
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I did offer to drive up and take a look at the situation.. before I sold my PC V & Autotune, which were not useful on my 2006 te250 cause it has a carb.. :lol: