Te250 High elevation - Sea level Jetting

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Sneeker, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Sneeker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello husky peoples,
    I have a 2007 TE250 I just bought that is jetted for sea level (my elevation), it works perfectly and the jetting is spot on.

My question:
    Will this jetting be usable at an elevation of 7500 – 9000 feet?
    I know performance will be affected some, I’m wondering if the moto will be so bogged out as to be no fun?

I’m taking a trip to Kennedy Meadow CA, in the Sierra Nevada Mountains this weekend. I want to take the TE250 but will have no time to play with the jetting, especially since I’m not familiar with the carburetor at this point. Otherwise I’ll take my trusty XR250 which I’m better at dialing in the carb.

All opinions appreciated. THANKS!
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The bike will be fine. :)

Although you may get tired.

Turn in your fuel screw 1/2 turn on the bottom of the carb, if you do not have an aftermarket adjustable fuel screw that you can adjust with your fingers I highly recommend getting one.

If you cannot turn in the fuel screw for some reason, just use the hot start more often at the higher elevations.

:cheers:
  3. Sneeker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you, just what I wanted to hear!
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Make sure you bleed the air out of your forks and check your tire pressure - or you will be bouncing all over the place.

Get the bikes forks fully extended somehow, then loosen the bleed screw, then snug screw back down.

And of course do all the normal stuff to get ready for a ride like tools, water, clean underwear... :D