TE250 race map question

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by gentalo, Jul 11, 2011.

1. gentalo Husqvarna

Hello , i'm a newbie here and i wanna know more info for my TE250 ECU tunning.
    i got new TE250 without O2 sensor ( unplugged from dealer) and replaced with something called Lambda sensor , but i saw on HST software bike race map is not activated ( red indicator on HST , not green) , i check O2 sensor cable and i found 2K2 resistor jumper on it.
    it's a normal ? and it's mean my TE are ready for race map ? but why ECU readed with HST still on basic map ?
    any help will be appreciated :) thanks

* also need personal help from someone who have good experience for operating HST tools , :) talk with IM (ym ,msn ,skype ,etc) will be much better and faster for me ....thanks
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The indicator 'light' on HST is green for bikes that have never been in race mode and turns red as soon as the resistor is installed. You'd think it would be the other way round but it's not...

O2 Sensor and Lambda sensor are the same thing. Your bike should have the blanking plug in the exhaust and the small plug with resistor plugged into the wiring harness where the lambda plug came out of.

Dave
  3. gentalo Husqvarna

Thanks for da nice info dave :)
    for lambda sensor it's a mistake coz i got wrong info from my partner (it's a dummy sensor - plugged)
    soo i'm sure now it's on a race map allready.
    Btw do u know how to play with spark advance setting with HST ?
    and what necessary value need to change to improve my TE250 except CO123 setting ?
    and what i need to flash husky ECU with HST ?
    and how to select update manualy for HST ? coz i allways get zip error while trying to download manualy ( by click zip icon on HST sw)

*do u have private IM sir ? if u dun mind i have tons of question for u regarding husky bike :)

regards
    Gentalo
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    There is no spark advance adjustment with HST, all you can do is adjust the fuelling via the CO values in the 'Codings' section.
    Also, you can't reflash the Mikuni ECU with HST, the reflash option is for the Keihin 449/511 ECUs only.

If you are happy with how your 250 runs then there is no need to adjust anything but if you want to see how the adjustment alters things then adjust CO1 slightly either way and go ride the bike, you'll soon see the ffect the fuelling adjustment has. There is no one 'best' setting for every bike, each bike is very slightly different and the fuelling should be fine tuned to suit your bike and riding style.

HST updates are done via the internet from the factory server. If the update button doesn't work then you can run the 'update.exe' program manually. Standard install lcoation is: C:\husqvarna\husq but you do need to have registered the HST and received your 20 digit password before the updates will work.

You can PM me thru Cafe Husky or post your question here for input from others too.

Dave
  5. gentalo Husqvarna

oki doki , all is clear now :) thanks a lot dave !