Te310 2011 Advice Required.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by smokinrider, Feb 1, 2012.

1. smokinrider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2011, TE250 2010 & 2006,
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE450 2006&2008, WR125, SM610 TE250
    I have just upgraded my 2006 te250 with a 2011 te310with the newer xlite engine.
    i have some silly questions and some more technical queries.
    i have a good understanding of motorcycles and engines. however this is my first fi bike and my knowledge of fi tuning is limited

Anyway 1st silly question, do i need a special spark plug spanner as all of mine seem too big in OD to fit in the hole? and yes they are the correct ID.

2nd which connector is best to disconnect fuel tank to injector pipe? injector or tank? the fuel tank one is a right sod to get off, any tips for easier removal and can it be oiled or greased without effecting the seals?

3rd which way should the rear wheel spindle go. does it matter. on my old 250 the nut is on the disc side and the 310 owners manual shows the same but my bike is actually on the sprocket side. it is possible the previous owner installed it wrone but i have noticed that the 310 owners book uses some pictured from the older engined model aswel.

what are the 2 different modes? is this purely ignition curve or does it effect fueling too?

Fueling:
    Bike has a fmf q4 silencer/muffler and a power bomb header.(refitted by me and possibly soon removed) i still have the standard pipe is available.
    for the fmf pipe Do i need to adjust the ecu/efi if so how?
    the O2 sensor is removed so are air box bits. it has a plug fitted to where the o2 sensor went on the loom. the mode button works to switch from map1 to map2

the bike has a tendency to cough and stall sometimes at low revs/tickover, tickover is set correct to 1950rpm. should i adjust this higher?
    it doest like it if you blip the throttle too much (in neutral) ie it doesnt pick up like a well carbed bike.
    Also when you gas it from closed throttle(when riding) it seems to bog for a bit before picking up. when ridden in the revs its lovelly.

What is the small allen screw and lock nut on the bottom of the throttle body for. should it be touched? i guess its for calibration tps?

i am looking into jd powersurge kit here in uk and also possibility of resetting ecu ranges with ibeat if i can find anyone who has it. anyone know of a source for these? ideally the cheapest possibly.
    would my dealer be able to adjust the 3 settings for me?

any other advise tips hints or known probs would be great to hear about. it has the uprated temp sensor.

is it just mine or do u need to move the rear shock off its top link to get the throttle cable cover of the throttle body. seems a bit of a design error!
    also coolant pipes seem very close to exhaust header. and gear indicator wire and clutch pipe run close to exhaust. is this ok?

what is best gearing for trails. it currently has very small rear sprocket 40? rides ok on road but 1st is still too quick for technical stuff. any advise on gearing options and associated road top speeds.

thanks
  2. Catang5oh Husqvarna
    A Class

Semco designs for Ibeat software, great guy and ships quick at a great price.look at the 12 hole injector threads also, I haven't upgraded injector yet, tuned mine with Ibeat and fine so far.
  3. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
  4. Catang5oh Husqvarna
    A Class

is it just mine or do u need to move the rear shock off its top link to get the throttle cable cover of the throttle body. seems a bit of a design error!

no, you dont have to move the shock, its plastic and will pry right out and back in.
  5. blackdiamond Husqvarna
    A Class

I also have the 2011 TE310. I just changed the ecu and injector to 2012 TCX310 parts - the bog and tendency to die at low revs is completely gone. You can even ride it a gear or 2 high and it will chug along without dying.
  6. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I hear a lot about these bog issues etc, but haven't heard of it in Australia (as yet?). Mine was perfect out of the box (powered up by dealer before I got it). Maybe we get a different ecu and mapping (euro spec?) compared to the restricted US pollution ecu? Anyone know if there is a difference, and anyone in OZ have bog issues?
  7. blackdiamond Husqvarna
    A Class

It does seem to be just the restricted US models only.
  8. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    What size is the plug socket?
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5/8"

The motion pro socket is thin enough to fit.
  10. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Great thanks! Is that what everyone is using?
  11. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    I didn't know fmf made a header for the 310 or is is a refitted 250 header and if so how does it fit?
  12. smokinrider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    it bolts on to the head with 2 bolts and the silencer attaches to the open end and is secured by a spring!!!

the 310 is a bored and stroked version of the 250 so obviously as its the same engine it fits either.

13. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e

Interesting, the part numbers for the stock 2011 TE/TXC250 exhaust header (8000H1912) and the TE310 exhaust header (8000H4044) are different.
  14. smokinrider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm sure they are but the engine and the frame is the samei
  15. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    DSC04730.JPG
    I just had my tank off and it looks like the ECU's may be region specific, which might explain why the bog in some places and not in other parts of the world.
  16. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
    Guys, I think the te 250 and te 310 x-lite exhaust header is different part # because of the longer stroke on the 310, cylinder is much taller so exhaust pipe lineup angles could be different?? maybe manageable?
    L.
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I think you nailed it. I'm sure Husky would use the same parts to save money if they could. There has to be a reason it's a different part. The 250 might be workable, but I'd bet that since it's not a perfect fit, problems would show up over time.
  18. smokinrider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    and what are you basing this on? the 310 is bored and stroked 250, the stroke is changed by the crank throw surely not by casting a taller cylinder

and for the umpteenth time yes the 250 header fits i have one on my bike and i have removed it and replaced it countless times for cleaning and maintenance and it still fits back on with zero complications or modification. stop discussing this as IT FITS NO MODS REQUIRED !!!
  19. smokinrider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    the engines are the same or there would need to be a different frame for the 310 model to fit the "taller 310 engine"
    the difference is probably the bore of the 250 pipe is smaller than the 310 but as the fmf is a bigger bore header it equates to the same bore size as the standard 310 header but with the bonus of the power bomb
  20. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
    Smokinrider, I'am not implying your info about your header fit is false (I believe you) Just from my observation in research on the 2011 TE250 and 310 from Husky promotion pics of both bikes it appears to me that the 250 engine has a lot of room under the gas tank. Not very scientific, I know but thats what i'am basing my post on. There could be issues with other manufactures pipes unless they state its a direct fit.

2011 TE310 at 24hours. L.