Te410 With Sm610 Engine Ecu Wiring

Discussion in '610/630' started by Graham Rose, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Graham Rose Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 with DRZ400 egine
    Other Motorcycles:
    Speedie and Honda MTX/250 mongrel
    I've got a 2001 TE410 rolling chassis that I'm slotting a 2008 SM610 engine into using a TE610 carb instead of injection and a 2001 TE410/610 ECU.
    The problem I have is there are 4 wires from the engine to the ECU on the TE410 engine but only 2 on the SM610 engine (for the ignition pick-up sensor). I'm not sure which wires to connect the pick-up sensor to on the ECU. I also don't know what the other 2 wires on the ECU are for are for and if the engine will run with nothing connected to them.

Thanks

I'm now thinking that the ECU on the 410 is AC and take power from the winding on the stator. The SM610 ECU is 12v DC and takes power from the ECU.

Plan B might be to use the flywheel, stator and cover from an older pre injection bike fitted to the SM610 engine. I've no idea if they'll fit, can anybody advise?

Thanks
  2. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Did it work? I compared -11 630 and 05 carb 610 electrics,and to me it looked like i could swap 610 stator and flywheel to 630 engine and continue to use carb. However i did not remove and reinstall those. Just side by side compare,so there still might be something i did not notice.
  3. Graham Rose Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 with DRZ400 egine
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've just bought Ignitec TCIP4 ignition. They will set it up to suit but you can plug in and change ignition setting, advance, dwell etc. Cost about 200Euro. I'll post when (if) I get it running
  4. Graham Rose Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 with DRZ400 egine
    Other Motorcycles:
    It runs with the Ignitec ECU. I've got other work to do before I can use the bike but initial signs are good.
    flyingbob likes this.