TE449 2013 options

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by AgedFlatulence, Jul 19, 2013.

1. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    Been lurking for some time now reading various article until my head is spinning. Perhaps someone could help out. I have not ridden in years (15) so I am simply amazed by the technology today.

I have read there are various options to improve the EFI, from switches, to flashing, jumpers, JD tuner and Power Commander.

1. What are the differences between the options (summary).

2. Am I correct that stock bikes have two maps? Standard choke it lean Komifornia mode and Race II mode that is changed with a jumper, switch or by the cat "accidentaly" falling out?

3. As a casual rider would the Power Commander (most expensive) be of any benifit to me as I have no interest in all the tweaking capabilities?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    With the power up plug the bike runs good / acceptable and is free. With the $40 remap from ZipTy the bike runs fantastic. With the $200 JD EFI controller, which at this point I would only do if it will not take the $40 map upgrade it will run very good. With the PCV it will run fantastic. The PCV gives the most tunability and flexibility, it is the end all solution. If the $40 remap will load on your bike load that and be done with it.
  3. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    I am also a casual rider. I run mine in stock form and it works well for me. I suggest you try it stock and if you need to ramp up from there.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Radar, You dont even use the jumper plug? This would make you very unique.
    For the OP, the jumper doesnt come with the 13 models, but any switch you can plug in should work, or the dealer can get you the jumper, or you can make one. It is not a resistor on this model, just a simple jumper.
  5. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Yes, no power up plug. I want and need the best MPG. I get 50+. The bike will still climb any hill I am stupid enough to try.
  6. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    Thank you for the replies. I have ridden the bike and I will base my opinions based on my last bike which was a 83 CR480.

While the TE449 pulls like a tractor at low end, everything else is pretty unimpressive. Having watched videos on the bike I can see it's capabilities. In addition, running lean constantly is probably not the best thing for the motor. I can hear the catalytic rattling around. I am pretty sure it will fall out next week. Running lean will be worse when that happens.

So it sounds like a ZipTy remap and a switch is the best option?
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Even if map3 doesn't work from Zip Ty you don't have to worry about tuning with the Power Commander. In Zip Ty's portion of the forum they have the race maps available for download. Just something to consider
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    JD plus 30 hours of use and mine has gotten stronger. Seems to take 20 hours to really loosen up.
    And I havent done the TC airbox mod. Somewhere along the way the mid-top punch got stronger.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Haha, Radar is unique, but a very cool guy. A MY13 ecu should flash without any problems. Everything depends on your riding style and preference. I would suggest adding a new silencer rather than trying to decat the stock one. I have been working with Ty to offer a powercommander already set up with the correct race maps included for users who wish a more pain free installation. They will be available from our website soon. Also I have been asked to put together a list of mods for the 449/511s which I will do and make it available where ever appropriate or needed. I will work with Lonny on that one.
  10. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    When you say the pre-programmed Power Commander will be available soon is that days, weeks? I look forward to your mod list. Thank you.
    AF
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Weeks? No, minutes if Ty calls me back haha.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Of course the buy then download option already exists thanks to Tinken posting maps here.
    But that is the Android/Windows answer and the Apple option is best for some (maybe many).
  13. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    Sorry, I don't do iFruit :naughty:
    Mojorod and Tinken like this.