TE449 single butterfly & TPS-tuned throttle response

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Dangermouse449, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    A short video of the TE449 in the real world showing no flameouts, bogging or hanging throttle.

Riding the type of terrain in this video, going from idle to cracked throttle and back to idle again, will quickly bring about flameout from the standard set-up & the hanging throttle of the faulty second butterfly system will throw you into the trees.
    Having the second butterfly out adds the quick response needed to pop the front up over ruts & roots etc & takes away that 250cc feeling.
    The power is still very easy to control using the supplied power adjusted on the RH handlebar
    (I.e. The throttle):D

There are other ways of achieving this, but for me, this wins hands down on price alone.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203915914755464
  2. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    hey dangermouse - I am considering this mod. I too have had issue with the lack of quick response needed to pop the front wheel up on this TE449 bike. I get the flame outs here and there but otherwise love the bike. These days I'm more into sight seeing and technical skill development than going like hell through the woods at break neck speeds. I've heard of the mod and briefly rode with a guy who did it. I'll be searching for more info, but if possible, could you point me in the right direction with regard to instruction and or info? Thanks.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We needed another thread about this? Did it, works great. Never putting it back in.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  4. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    Motosportz - i'm educating myself on the topic...just started. I don't even know exactly what ibeats is although I have an idea. Is there a quick, clean post with directions on how to best do this mod?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was talking to DM449 and his most excellent mod. :)

Lots of threads here about it, use the search function and read on. The removal itself is simple. Some tuning might be required after but my bike simply ran better, better response and no dead throttle which is much safer.
  6. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Here's the original thread :thumbsup:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2011-te449-running-well-with-factory-efi-system-finally.41069/
    MLuker likes this.