TE450 back together and out for a shakedown.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by 7point62, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Not much of a ride, just a few laps around the farm to bed in the revalved suspension. The bike's got to pass it's MOT (UK's annual certificate of roadworthiness) before I can venture out and about, but I'll get that organised in the next few days.

The suspension feels good - the farm is bone dry, with plenty of ruts and rocks - and the bike just soaked them up without kicking the front end about. It's pretty slippy on the dry grass too (and my rear tyre is fubar'd), but it's steering neutrally in the turns and slides progressively, no nasty surprises.

Apologies for the knackered tyre and the amount of cow dung everywhere! :lol:

On top of the world.

[IMG]

The wide blue yonder. BTW that's not an airbrake, it's the UK legal size licence plate. It'll be replaced with something more dainty after the MOT. The blinkers will be coming off too.

[IMG]

Old iron...

[IMG]

Then the cops showed up. No, really.

[IMG]

Nothing to see here, guys...

[IMG]

I don't think the bike's ever been so clean. Arrow sticker on the silencer is covering up some nasty rock rash!

[IMG]

I picked up some 2-stroke rad shrouds for cheap and kind of like their angularity. On a clearer evening the sea would be visible from here.

[IMG]

A few more laps 'til the sun went down...

[IMG]

[IMG]

I love this bike. :D
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    She looks really nice, obviously well trated and in a good home.
  3. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice piece!!! Those 06 450's are sweet lookin' scooters !
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Nice looking machine! I really like the blue and yellow. Looks like a nice place, too.

"Air brake"... :lol:

WoodsChick
  5. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Yeah, it's beautiful around here. I'm really lucky to have so much space to ride in - England's rather "compact" and suburbia is never far away!

Getting the suspension sorted is the best thing I could have done - it's transformed the bike completely. The harshness in the forks (mine are the old 45's) is completely gone and it just makes the bike feel much lighter and more nimble. It's much more stable on the rough stuff so I can have razor sharp steering without instability. The guy I hired took an absolute age (he kept disappearing to go racing) but he did a good job. The rear shock's even more supple now too.

The bike's a nice balance of everything working sweetly but it's not so shiny that I'm afraid to scuff it. I just need those rad braces now!
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Love those rolling hills in the background! Looks like a good time. Good luck with your inspection, mate.
  7. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Thanks mate - it passed today, so legal for another year. I got a new Pirelli MT43 trials tyre on the back too - perfect for all the rocky climbs round here. Now I can get the bike properly dirty!
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks great :thumbsup: Yep, suspension is such a rewarding mod.
  9. Fletch Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seems like a good place to ask a suspension question. I have 06 te 450 and was feeling like the front forks could use improvement. When I hit square edge rocks at high speed the forks feel like they are non existent. Is this what they call mid range spike?