TE450 EFI issues?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by nefarious, Feb 26, 2012.

1. nefarious Husqvarna

Hi guys, just after some advice on what could be wrong with my 08 te450.

Last two rides it has decided that it doesnt like to start unless I give it a gutful of throttle. It also then wont pull away under low rpm and stalls as soon I try and touch the throttle, so downhills and creeks crossings are a real pita. It's like the throttle is either on or off.

It seems that this fault occurs once the bike is hot.

Is this something the jd powersurge can fix? Does the computer develop faults/change settings albeit the wrong ones?

I read in another thread about water getting in the coil? Is this common? I do a fair bit of mud/creek riding.

I dont know if it's relevant but I had to change out the auto decomp lifter a little while ago and still think I am having issues with it.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    hmmm... while reading it sounded like you need your TPS adjusted and maybe afterward some CO settings adjusted on Ibeat coupled with checking your coolant temp sensor... IBEAT should give you answers to questions or solutions...

When you say "auto decomp..." do you mean the mechanism on the exhaust cam- or do you mean the manual decomp? (alot of people seem to mix them up.. sorry) Make sure whatever concern you have here is sorted out- that could cause alot of issues...

My coil was never affected by water- though it did need to be tightened where it grounds to the frame-

I too have an 09TE450 and I don't have a piggyback efi tuner- and have no issues- just grins- Ibeat tuning alone worked wonders
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sound like you need a TPS adjustment. I would check the grounds and the coil wire just to be sure. Be careful removing the tank not to break the plastic FI connectors. I always try to do the free easy stuff first, changing the spark plug also falls under that for me.
  4. nefarious Husqvarna

Ok guys thanks for the tips. I will post back in a few weeks (fly out tomo) after I have had another good look, and possibly sorted a powersurge.
  5. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    The 08 TE 450 generally runs rich. Have you checked your plug color? I'd betting it's sooted and black. If it is, it'll need to be hooked up to ibeat to lower the FB setting and also do a TPS recalibrate. The JD tuner would probably help In place of ibeat if you don't have access to it and if its a rich condition.