te450 keeps bogging out and stalling

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Awjita, May 12, 2013.

1. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intank-...essories&hash=item3f20275385&vxp=mtr#ht_0wt_0

just installed that pump in my 2010 te450 and ever since the install it hasn't been running right. If I get on it hard the bike bogs out and starts popping and back firing. I need to realły feather the throttle to be able to ride it and when it revs up to around 5500 rpms it bogs out again until I let off on it. Now I'm not sure this problem is caused by this pump but I've never experienced it until I installed it. I've been over the wiring, I've cleaned out the throttle body, I've replaced the gas thinking maybe it was bad fuel but nothing seems to make it run right. The bike always ran great until the day the stock pump went. I'm about to order the pump from cacycleworks and see if that solves it but I am reluctant to spend the money if I'm not 100% sure that this pump is the problem. Has anybody else had problems with this pump or have any clue what may be wrong? I'm dying to ride this damn thing!
  2. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Could bad battery voltage cause this running condition? I'd say maybe the valves need adjusting but like I said the bike ran perfect until the stock pump went and I installed this one. I'm out of ideas and I really don't want to take it to the dealer if I don't have to.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    These pumps will typically produce about 50lbs of pressure, and then the regulator knocks it down to about 42, 42 is the magic number that the injector is looking for. If your hose clamp is leaking pressure on that barb-less fitting on that cheap pump, then your bike may not be getting the full pressure it needs to run at higher rpms, not saying that this IS the cause, but it's one thing to think about. Also, make sure the connections at the top of the pump are insulated from each other and are not shorting out. Also, make sure any zip ties are not squeezing the pump body and putting the internals in a bind.
  4. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Thank you for your help. I'm going to have to assume that this cheap eBay pump is my issue because the bike always ran great until my stock pump went and I put this one in. I checked the electrical fittings and the hose clamp fittings last night and they appeared to be fine. All other electrical connections are fine, I replaced the spark plug, battery and airfilter too. (They needed replacing anyway) I'm going to try my luck and order the cacycleworks pump and new fuel filter. Hopefully this solves my problem.
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Keep us posted, alot of guys are ordering that $40 pump, it'd be good to have some reviews on it.
  6. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Just got finished installing that dura last metal fuel filter and some new fuel line hoping that maybe the old filter was clogged.... Still has the same problem. (The cacycleworks pump isn't available until 6/30/13!). Not to sure where to go from here, maybe I'll look around for yet another alternative to the stock pump.
  7. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
  8. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Please do
  9. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Finally this bike is fixed. The pump from high flow worked out great. I installed the pump with a metal fuel filter and fuel injection line. I used 2 zip ties to secure the pump in the holster to ensure that it would come out. The bike rips again! image.jpg
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.
  10. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    To ensure it wouldn't come out*
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Sounds great, glad you got some resolution. Does the HighFlow $119 30mm pump have a barbed outflow? Does the HighFlow pump sound any different than the $40 ebay pump?

I guess the takeaway on your experience is that the $40 ebay pumps are not worth $40.
  12. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Unfortunately there isn't a barbed end on it, I tightened the clamp a good amount just as I did on the other pump. The pumps appear very similar, the only difference between them are the fuel inlet sides, they are a little different. Also the high flow one definitely has a different sound compared to the $40 one and even to the stock pump. I haven't had a chance to really ride it too hard yet, I've just been riding the streets until I feel like I trust it enough to go out in the woods. Probably tomorrow if the weather holds up ill really test it out. I'm assuming there is a reason why every other option is $100 and that one is $40, maybe the quality or something. But with a lifetime free replacement warrantee on the high flow pump I can't really complain.
  13. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Damn it, Wish I saw this post earlier.
    I ordered one of the Felco pumps from ebay for my 610 after the bike wouldn't start.
    The Felco has got the bike running but it definitely doesn't feel right, It hesitates and lags when running, just like what you described in the first post.

Looks like I need to spend more money :(

The HighFlow has definitely sorted the issues out ?
  14. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Yea it runs perfect, just make sure you use the right fuel line and tighten the clamps good, the fuel outlet isn't barbed like the stock one. It's probably best to bite the bullet and spend the money on a good pump.
    Gav likes this.
  15. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah well I thought the Felco would be good enough, I saw someone had posted on here about it.
    No reviews unfortunately.. Live and learn and at least it was cheap enough. Could be used as a back up if you really had to...

Ill stump up for the HighFlow in which case, Hope it doesn't take too long to get across the pond! Shame no one sells them in the UK.

Gav
  16. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Yea I'm going to keep the cheap one on me just invade, you never know.
    Gav likes this.
  17. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just got one ordered, apparently should be here in about 4-6 days.
    Heres to getting the bike back :D
  18. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Here's how HighFlow can offer a lifetime warranty, the pumps are more than likely costing them $7 a piece (quantity of 500-1000 on a pallet.

New products: motorcycle electric fuel pump
    [IMG]

MOTORCYCLE FUEL PUMP 3003
    FOB_Price: US $1~20
    Get Latest Price
  19. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Oh yea that's what I figured, but these fuel pumps got us by the balls. We've got no choice but to buy these over priced Chinese made junk
  20. Stirlo Husqvarna
    A Class

Another 2010 TE450 with fuel pump issues??? :banghead: