1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te450 - Questions / Issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by maxta, Apr 1, 2024.

1. maxta Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here,
    I have had a 2009 Husqvarne TE/SM 450 in my possession for a while now

1 I have a problem with the "Valve Lifte" - part number 8000A9451
    First of all it is "loose" but as far as I know this is normal, but what intrigues me more is that every one turn it jams against the valve causing it to become minimally open which I believe I have a problem starting the motorcycle when this happens.

Is this normal, could someone send me pictures / videos of how it is in your motorcycles, there is not much information on the internet about this,
    And what in general does this weight by some called decompressor weight

2 I constantly light up fuel reserve,
    No matter how much fuel is in the tank, lights up all the time,
    I have already replaced the Thermistor with a new one, but without result and still the same thing
    Does anyone have any ideas ?

3. Could someone please send pictures of the wiring harness that is located under the lamp so I can check it to see if I have the same, because unfortunately someone has already tampered with these and I have the impression that it is not as it should be.

1.jpg 2.jpeg
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not sure about your year model, but on the 07s, there is a spacer that clips over the rocker arm shaft to keep the rocker arm in place. It is removable so as to be able to slide the rocker arm over, so that the valve shim can be accessed for replacement. There should be one for each valve....or at least each rocker arm assembly
  3. maxta Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    My head looks like the following (sample photo), unfortunately "Valve Lifte" - part number 8000A9451 at some turn locks against the "tailstock" which presses the spring and thus the valve.

It seems to me that it is not normally, also my Valve Lifter looks a little different than in the photos what I see on the internet.

Anyone knows what is does, and if it's necessary to have on ?

The vintage of my motorcycle is 08, but the VIN shows that it is an 09 model.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      120.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Same engine.
    s-l1600.jpg
  5. maxta Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    The spacer is OK, and everything is fine with it.
    It's in place.

My concerns are about the Valve Lifter, which after you spin a engine a few times gets stuck
    It's stuck on the valve pushers instead of spinning freely it's in one position, Due to which it keeps pressing the spring and the ex valve is open
    and starting the bike is a nightmare, I do not think it's normal.
    I would like to know what valve lifter do in those engines, because when we see the newer one we do not see thing like this anymore,
    It has any use or I can just remove it ?

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      75.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The auto-decompressor is what you see at work. It is centrifugal. Once the engine fires and spins fast enough, the centrifugal force of the spinning engine disengages the decompressor, allowing the valve to fully seat. The engine has a very short stroke, and a compression ratio of 14:1. It will be very hard to start either by kicking or using the starter button with the decompressor disabled.
  7. maxta Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Makes a lot of sense and I understand it and thought the same. Ok but when the decompressor stuck and push the valve to open the engine is not able to make a compression ratio of 14:1 but make like, let's say 7:1 and the engine won't start because the ex valve is opened. It should be closed when the engine starts to make the decompression that is desired. Or I'm thinking wrong and that is normal that the "vale lifter" / auto-decompressor is limp / stuck and making the ex valve open ?
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You can't spin the engine fast enough to disengage the decompressor with a compression test gauge screwed into the sparkplug hole. You will never get the correct reading that way.
    flyingbob likes this.
  9. maxta Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    I will make a video in a few days, maybe next week because I have to put my water pump again to crank the motor, so I will be able to send it here so you will understand what I mean and maybe we can figure something out, thanks a lot :D
    flyingbob likes this.