1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE450 starter clutch won't disengage

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by oldog, Dec 3, 2012.

1. oldog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 te450
    The starter clutch will not disengage. It will fire and attempt to start but will not run. When I kick start it I can hear and feel the drag of the starter. Kick starter feels normal with the starter removed. I removed the starter clutch and visually it looks fine with no apparent damage or wear, but it's 3 gears will not turn by hand. Is it supposed to turn freely? The starter clutch is fairly expensive and I don't want to replace it if it's not broken. I appreciate any advice.
  2. TRIPLE-M Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any update to this issue? Was the problem fixed? My 05 TE510 is having the same issue now - kickstarter dragging the starter Motor when trying to kickstart.
  3. Grogg88 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    HVA TE 250 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas EC 300 , 2006
    The starter assy is easy too turn by hand, atleast at the te 250, tripple-m it sounds like your freewheel isnt freewheeling, the freewheel costed me 70 euros (100 dollars) here in sweden

(i do not know how your starter is constructed, i May just talk mumbojumbo)
  4. TRIPLE-M Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the tip, you might have a point there. My online searches so far are all pointing to freewheel fault that people are having, not starter clutch. I'll investigate further.