TE510 2008 Backfire and not normal idle.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by wolkowitz, Apr 26, 2012.

1. wolkowitz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 WR360
    Hello

I have problem with TE510 injection or something else.So when i start engine then engine not want idle and also i hawe all time backfire from exhaust.I changed sparkplug,oxigen sensor,chek all connections... so no result.Do somebody have any idea or was faced similar problem.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I'd hook it up to Ibeat (dealer software) to check for codes and verify settings.
    Also look for intake leaks.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Change out the fuel filter
  4. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I would also add checking the fuel pump as well. If your not aware it can slip in its mount.
  5. quadmaster206 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i also have the high idle.i have a 08 smr450.i put the california cycle work fuel pump in a year ago.wasnt leaving me stranded any more,more mileage!worked awesome.now last night at gas station,after filling up,went to give the bike couple gentle revs.bang,back fire and died!i had to pump the throttle to re-fire.it finially did,but now idles at 6 grand!weird?could it have jumped timing?
  6. The-Dude Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sounds like your intake boot is cracked
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Like TheDude said, cracked or loose intake manifold OR clogged up fuel filter. Mine has clogged up twice, and it was back firing, popping, lots of weird stuff, a new filter cured it both times. These filters are so small, there's not alot of life to them in these dirty tanks.
  8. quadmaster206 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok,have an update.TheDude sent me to investigate the intake manifold.when i did so,i found the top of the rubber boot slightly seperated from the throttle body.loosened clamp and fell back into place.very simple fix!i dont know why it back fired so violently,but running fine know.thanks for your fast response.
  9. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    After I ran real hot one time, my intake manifold gave up. When I got a new one, I tied it to the head to keep the vibrations from shakin' it so much.

[IMG]

[IMG]