1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc TE510 to a WR300? Another bumb question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by cment, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cment Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE510
    Anyone here move from a 510/450 to a wr300?

I have an 07 Te510 and am thinking of getting a Wr300 next month. I was wondering if anyone else made this move and what their likes/dislikes of the switch were. I went from a 300EXc to the 510 in early 2007 and have really enjoyed the bike, but there is something in me that is craving a 2s. :excuseme:

THe main reason I bought the TE was the plate, but after two years the bike has seen asphalt maybe three times. I ride strictly single track in the woods.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The 300 is a beast. It was too much bike for this old guy in the woods, but coming from a 510 I suspect you'd think it was much lighter and better handling and you'd probably not mind the power. I sold my WR 300 and bought a 250 4 stroke because I was afraid I'd eventually launch myself into a tree with the explosive power of the 300.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I didn't go 300, but I wanted too. It's just that this decent, used WR250 came along.

The 510 is a fun bike and a down right blast to ride when the trails open up. It's so easy to go fast on the 510, and it's so stable at speed, but those things also make it hard for a little guy like me in the tight stuff.

The WR likes to do it all. It's a fast, fun bike to ride, too. It may be a little harder to make go fast like 510 in the open, but it's far easier to manage in the tight stuff.

The poor 510 sits most of the time now. I ride it to work now and then, but when I'm headed for the woods, I take the WR.

I just wish my 510 was an '07, so the two could share more parts. That would make it more cost effective to keep. Anybody want to trade?
  4. cment Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE510
    Thanks guys. It looks like my 2yo and I will be taking a field trip on Saturday to see what is in stock at the dealer.