TE511 First trail ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    My first impressions of my new TE511 after getting some trail time on it.
    I'll start with the bad; I'm not crazy about the plastics in general, especially the rear
    fender and the plastic thing that the plate and turn signals are attached to. A piece of
    it broke off yesterday while riding. I'm not sure how because I didn't go down at all.

[IMG] [/IMG][IMG]
    Performance wise there's nothing not to like about this bike. The handling is perfect
    and the CTS is the real deal. It really does feel planted on whooped out, rutty,rocky trails.
    The bike is so easy to ride and the power is just there. Smooth responsive power whenever
    you need it. Mine is totally stock. Haven't modified anything except plugging in the
    power-up chip. The clutch takes a little getting used to, I prefer clutch action that lets
    out a little more immediate instead of when it's almost all the way let out but I'm sure I can
    adjust it accordingly.
    Having ridden a 610 for the past three years on primarily single-track trails and a KLX650
    for ten years prior to that I must say that riding a bike like this is an absolute joy. I kept
    saying to myself "how the hell did I manage to make it up some of these trails on that big ol'
    tank?" The 511 is tall bike (I'm 5'10") but the height isn't a factor at all when riding.
    Can't wait to decat the muffler or maybe get an aftermarket.

http://youtu.be/bHRCG0X2WNs
    Best when viewed in HD full screen.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like you have been a little hard on the license plate holder ;)

Enjoy the new bike and keep the videos coming ....
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The lic plate holder is CRAP. Take the bolts off, slide it off, toss it int he trash. Mount the Lic plate tot he little fender that is left and put some stick on blinkers on the side of the rear fender. Decat the exhaust and enjoy lots more power / same noise level. Replace tires with real tires.

Glad you like the bike. I'm still LOVING mine. :cheers:
    Desertyucca likes this.
  4. REZRIDER Husqvarna
    B Class

Considering getting one in the fall...can't wait to see more posts on it...I went and looked "closely" at them yesterday...I had concerns about the plate mount as well...kind of flimsy.

Nice looking bike though!
  5. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Thanks for sharing the ride...nice trails too!!
  6. Captain jack Husqvarna

Nice bike! Im looking to buy the te 449.

Thanks for the post.
  7. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    I would like to add to the TE511 Notes:
    I have put 300 Miles on the New TE511 in one month! I must say the Ride is nice!

Some upgrades by the Dealer needed in my opinion! I am a weekend Rider while my Boys race Honda bikes! I spent hours on the internet looking for reviews from any average riders about the TE 511. Not much information Found. I wanted a Bike that was near Race Ready and could hit the Dual Sport Rides around California.

First step Remove the License Plate After Thought. Screw it down on the tail. I appreciate the Street legal Version BIKE JBut… I Hit a trail with miles of Woops when it falls off, suck that in your rear wheel, Ouch! After Lock Tight the bolts still comes loose. If you are worried about Legal issues then Drill holes on the little tail and add more bolts with Captive Nuts! When it falls off, bike slows down with a rather loud noise while it chews and spits the lights and Plate holder to little bits! Remove the Blinkers and Replace with LED! Install the new FMF Pipe with Spark Arrester. Hook up the jumper for Race2 mode. Ditch the Front tire if you live in sandy areas or find yourself sliding out often! Block Off the Intake Tap or the Bike will kill you in the Rock Climbing sections when it Dies every time you let off the Throttle! A few mods and another $600 in parts, The Bike Rips! Nice to have a bike run 91 octane and move so well! Now Both my Boys want to trade in the Tricked out Hondas for a TE to Race GP! I put the D606 Rear and the D908 front. (Not sure I like the D908 in the soft Mud) Rear Shock……. After having Pro Circuit suspension on our 450R the stock TE511 Rear Shock has to go if you race! More money! I made large changes to the Rear Shock to get a good ride.

The Center of gravity is different and where you hold yourself on the bike takes some Adjustments. Bars need to be raised for us tall folks! Bike handles very nice off the jumps and seem well balanced.

The TE 511 Owners Manual, Limited on information. Looks like the Pickup Oil Filter Screens are different when removed? What happen if you swap them? Book has no indications about the pickup screens other than the item number is different with the same photo! Need a Shop manual on-line for Purchase. There are those that wish to maintain their Bike! Tried to buy an oil filter local last week from our Husky Dealer around the desert, riverside, had to order! Hum…..

If the Bike dies when you let off the throttle it seems to Blow oil into the Air Cleaner then drips on the floor? Thoughts anyone? (Oil Level Correct still happens)

I would recommend the bike to others with the notes I added above. I will keep tabs on how the Bike does and how our Local Dealer does with Parts and service. So far 2 weeks to Get an Oil filter from the Riverside California dealer!

A month later Updates:
    Had the shocks done by Precision Concepts . Must say the Stock Suspension must be set for about a 150lb Rider. I can now cruise Johnson Valley Trails (Whoop Roads) in comfort! Added Flex Bars. I Raced a GP for fun, Cruised Johnson Valley, Bishop, Ridgecrest. Over 800 Miles now Runs good, sounds good. Average about 30MPG cruising the Trails. Enjoying the Ride! Looking at the JD Tuner next :)
    SoCalHusky likes this.
  8. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    I don't know where you live but Uptite Husky in Santa Ana always has filters for your bike...
    Desertyucca likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    1900 Miles on my TE511 and still LOVE the bike. Added a muffler and 6X JD EFI tuner (much needed as it runs real lean even with the PU plug) and the bike gained 14 HP over stock and flat rips. Changed the personality from Kitten to Monster. What a great bike / platform.
    robertaccio and Desertyucca like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    dude that is unbelievable you guys (JD have something to do with it?) dynoed it??? 14hp!!! thats amazing!!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    oops, miss type but it is 11 HP. Yes JD had everything to do with it. Dyno and sniffer to maximize the map but overall it was ridiculously lean mid and top. Would only rev to 8K and would not pull to the rev limiter as it simply ran out of gas. Added a ton of fuel up top to make it right and gained a ton of power. I rode it before JD worked his magic and knew it was nothing short of amazing. Could feel huge power gains mid and top. was ripping 55-60 MPH wheel stands which it would not do before the JD.
  12. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I de-catted and de-smogged mine everything else stock 2012 model and with some pulling up on bars and finding the sweet spot in power curve managed to rip a 6th gear stand up wheelie..... Its good to know I can make this bike bark like a MX 450 ..... I can totally tell there are horses waiting to be unleashed !
    Desertyucca likes this.
  13. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Do have pictures of this? New 449 and I need to make this change as well.
  14. revitrardo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 cr500
    Hey guys sorry for the old post but I just bought the 2012 511 I thought the rear plate holder/guard looked crap so I pulled the lot off to find that it's got a tc guard under it I mounted my plate to that fabed up a t6 ally bracket for the indicators also fabed a new bracket to hold the speedo It looks much like the te 510 bracket now I can see how much faster I'm going haha
    I can post some pics if any one is interested
  15. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Pics are always welcome!

16. revitrardo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 cr500
  17. revitrardo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 cr500
    I also worked out how to stop oil from the air box from pissing out on to the tappet cover and then running on to the header
  18. revitrardo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 cr500
    here are the pics of the rear end now IMG_0654.jpg IMG_0654.jpg IMG_0669.jpg
  19. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Nicely done. :thumbsup: Man, that is one big ass license plate. What blinkers are those ? Assuming that those little things sticking out on each
    side are turn signals. I need to get something small like those for mine.
  20. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Yeah The plate is Huge. They are probably a third of that size smaller in NSW