TE511 (Mr Versatile) Does snow in the dez...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Single track, street, technical, Dez, whatever, Mr Versatile (TE511) loves it. Bike continues to amaze. Rode the Dez in great conditions with a dude that just took 5th overall in the Baja 1000 beating the Honda B team with a local effort. nice. No chance keeping him in sight. Went with Buddy Ken whom is quite fast on his KTM 530 as well. Was a good time and again, the TE511 rocked and was super fun to ride. Ken (KTM530) loved the TE and was faster on it that his own bike. After a few miles he rolled by me on the TE and proclaimed "I love this bike" and sped off. Love it. In his words compared to his KTM 530 he said it feels super light (it did) and is so smooth and shifts so nice. He really liked it. His 530 was in it's element out there and was fun to ride but the TE was just smooth and fast out there. The 530 sure seemed faster but whomever was on the TE was faster. anyway fun ride with good friends.

Have to drive this crap to get to the Dez...

[IMG]

Lets do this...

[IMG]

The area is usually silty volcanic rock base but the snow kept some moisture to it...

[IMG]

[IMG]

You can ride fast out here but the deep silt, whoops, rocky patches and loose corners limit your speed some. Well at least my speed, Mr Baja seemed like it was a freeway.

[IMG]

So we did a half day and then the next day. Here is what we saw the morning of the second day...

[IMG]

Which melts off and makes it near perfect...

[IMG]

Typical issue at Bend, the embedded rocks are jagged and nasty.

[IMG]

Kinda what the trail looks like, sometimes more / deeper silt and sometimes lots more embedded jagged rock...

[IMG]

Sexy :p

[IMG]

Some people will do anything for an advantage...

[IMG]

Was a good day with good friends hauling the mail in the Dez.

[IMG]

here is a vid, vids out here are a little lame. I am running the stock BIG TE can with the CAT removed and the bikes runs real strong but sounds like a corked up XR400 :D

2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like a blast. Are you still running stock gearing and how many miles do you get from a tank of fuel? Do you always have to circle back to the truck for fuel or buy it on the go? What does the owners manual say for octane rating?

Any biffs or spills yet?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I went from a 51 sprocket rear to a 46 so it will cruz at 65 mph. The motor is so flexible it pulls that gearing even in tight single track. I got 31 MPG out there, riding it hard and chasing fast guys. So should do almost 70 miles. This area is limited by snow right now and you can only ride a portion of whats on the map. Maybe 50 miles or so so no need for gas. I have crashed the bike twice, both my fault, once screwing around going off trail to jump a mound back into the trail and no seeing a down log on the edge of the trail which spit my front tire. Once hopping a log that was a couple feet off the ground, committed and almost made it. [IMG] New plastic (Polisport now) seems much more flexible and durable than int he past and nothing broke. Rode tight single track yesterday and a friend rode the bike and fell in love proclaiming it his next bike and staring longingly at it after getting off. [IMG] It is such a willing bike and so EZ and accommodating that everyone who rides it has a similar reaction.
    sam001 likes this.