TE511

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ljrat, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ljrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    F800GS, G650X, WR450
    May have mentioned before that i had the Prototype of this bike (BMW G450X) and it fueled exceptionally well no mater how or where i rode. Got stupid and sold it! My bad!

Got smart and wanted it back but couldn't find a decent CA legal 2010 model so bit the bullet and bought the Husky.

Big disappointment that the Husky fueled so damn pourly!

A an FMF exhaust pipe later and LOTS of added confusion here about fueling gizmos and I said what the hell.

Got the No. 27 torx out and started tinkering with the TPS(s) and low and behold the bad fueling is gone!

Yup, spent two hours ripping around the test track and tweaking those cute litlle gizmos on the throttle body, and now; NO more stalling (flame-out), flat spot gone, smoother running!

Still have serious testing yet to do, it was a 70 degree warm day at 800 ft above sea level. Headin to 7000 with serious snow on the ground.

All I got to say is: Mr. Dealer with your environemental head up something, You lost out a good $500
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I'm guessing you ended up tweaking it in the opposite direction the throttle shafts turns while opening, effectively richening the delivery in a linear fashion across the range of throttle openings?
  3. ljrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    F800GS, G650X, WR450
    First take a picture of where they are right now and make a mark with a sharpie.

I kinda indicated that there are more then one of these sensors. I honestly tried the logical approach of which way to move them and got no where with improvements but managed to make the bike not run at all.

I am lucky enough to have a test area that is open and then runs down into a tight section of single track to some vertical rock sections that no first gear in the world is low enough for. Lots of clutch action.

I put the torx wrench in my pocket and started doing laps. Each lap I made another adjustment. Started with bottom sensor and tweaked it until the bike ran lean and then went back the other way. Ditto for the upper sensor. I quit when I could chug up the rock section like a trials bike without a farting flame out or stalling with a cough and then rip accross the open field lofting the front wheel over puddles.

Not scientific at all. Just seat of the pants riding.

But like I said, we'll see this weekend at altitude, if its really good.
    gaffin john and jerbear610 like this.
  4. gaffin john Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 wr426/ 85 xr250/ 72 ke100/ 89kx80
    Is it possible to tell us how turns in or out I just got a jd tuner haven't fitted yet and would like to sort out the flame out before I do
  5. ljrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    F800GS, G650X, WR450
    No turns in or out. these sensors are slotted and move left or right of the cinch screw.