TE630 JD tuning results with LM2 wideband tuner

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by smooman, Sep 10, 2012.

1. smooman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510, TE511, WR300, TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada1200s, KTM300EXC
    2011 TE630 (700km's on the odo):
    • Power up.
    • Arrows ECU, removed the exhaust (too purdy...)
    • FMF 4.1 factory system installed.
    • 98 RON.
    • Opened up airbox. (removed snorkel, drilled extra holes around the throttle body intake).
    • JD tuner (taken from the 2008 510).
    • TPS was originally set by dealer (I'm told), I have not checked it and should get iBeat to make sure.....

I started a log of my initial JD settings and then went riding (on my own personal test track ;)).

Initial settings:
    • G - 3
    • Y - 5
    • R - 6
    • GB - 3
    • YB - 4
    • RB - 6
    These "settings" were just original silly opinion that the bike needed more fuel.....:excuseme:

Elevation (according to GPS) is between 50-80 metres ASL, and todays temp is 22 C.

So, what did I find?
    The Arrows ECU is waaaaay rich.:eek:
    Removing the Arrows cans was a bit of a giveaway, they were soooty black like an old diesel exhaust.
    The recordings with these settings, all in 5th/6th gear, showed AFR's down in the low to mid 11's.

I ended up with:
    • G - 1.5
    • Y - 1.5
    • R - 2.
    • GB - 1
    • YB - 2.
    • RB - 2.5
    This is just after initial hour or so of testing, but already the sound of the exhaust has changed, more snappy bark versus "wet" bark, runs out to rev limiter in 5th and 6th gear (14/45 gearing), much more pull. Quite ferocious actually with the shorter gearing. Originally when I installed the JD tuner I ran out of road trying for a top speed pull, this time I ran out of gears.:eek:
    More time needs to be spent (low on fuel) as still working out the way the JD tuner transitions from yellow to red, I get a nice low 13 on yellow as it climbs the LED's up to 7 but then as 8 lights up green it drops to mid 12's.
    A big thumbs up for the tunability of the JD though, any 1/2 step increments are clearly visible in AFR results.
    I wonder if I should pop the stock ECU back in and work out settings for it?
    Could be of some help to others in Oz with similar setups, temp/elevation, and fuel.
  2. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Interesting read matey!
    I'm starting to compile a list of peoples settings to see what will work best with my bike and mods :D

Would be interested in your results with the standard ECU as I think the majority of people don't have the Arrow ecu.
  3. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Your not in Sydney are ya? Would love to fiddle with an O2 sensor and the JD on my 511. Although the full akra doesn't have a spot for the bung anymore :(
  4. smooman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm up in the Hunter Valley mate.
    Spent the last week tuning the 511 with PC5 and autotune, the bung in the header is too small for the O2 sensor supplied both PC and LM2 (same Bosch sensor) so I got the bigger bung installed.
  5. smooman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I gave the standard ECU a run; holding a steady 4400-4500rpm's the AFR's went crazy. As in, crazy lean and all over the place. Spiking up to 20+. This is the surging people feel. Arrows ECU doesn't seem to do this (on my bike).
    I put the Arrows ECU back in.