Tecate BC Mex. Single track ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Feb 10, 2014.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fFOivtszuY&feature=youtu.be

This was a surprise B Day ride for the trail boss a short loop day @ 45 miles. With a surprise party after, with a full band and mariachi in between sets, and wonderful food layout. I will post what fotos and viddy that come my way. After months of dusty dry riding we had a post rain moist dirt sunny day- most excellent conditions. This viddy was from after we assisted a few bikes up the loose rocky climb up to the rock slab section (for the first time I rode a KTM300 rekluse machine up) , The TXC310R just powered up.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet sounding in the first second of the video!

--

Might be time you took your act to Hollywood and become a big-time movie director?
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    [quote="robertaccio, post: 387510, member: 10" (for the first time I rode a KTM300 rekluse machine up) , The TXC310R just powered up.[/quote]

Could you keep your fingers off the clutch lever on that rekluse bike?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that was the videographer/fotog. Reed. I was down on the hill.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Looks pretty gnarly and hard to get a rythm in that country
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Could you keep your fingers off the clutch lever on that rekluse bike?[/quote]

I fired it off, naturally grabbed the clutch, but realized it was an auto rig and let it out....then i just low rpmd the 300 hundred up the loose rocky slope and popped it over an unseen rock step that was hanging everyone up. Im old school and like my reclusive left finger clutch, but that thing really worked. I never touched the clutch all the way up to the middle flat section before the slabs where you can see my bike parked off to the side. I came up aggressively on my bike but you can here me clutch the thing to hop across the rocks, thats where I am not sold on the rekluse i want to make my own rpm clutch modulation decisions. I do think I would like the simple no stall set up though, but with the forth coming 300 2T I dont think I will have any stall issues anyway, stalling at small throttle openings seems to be a 4T thing.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I fired it off, naturally grabbed the clutch, but realized it was an auto rig and let it out....then i just low rpmd the 300 hundred up the loose rocky slope and popped it over an unseen rock step that was hanging everyone up. Im old school and like my reclusive left finger clutch, but that thing really worked. I never touched the clutch all the way up to the middle flat section before the slabs where you can see my bike parked off to the side. I came up aggressively on my bike but you can here me clutch the thing to hop across the rocks, thats where I am not sold on the rekluse i want to make my own rpm clutch modulation decisions. I do think I would like the simple no stall set up though, but with the forth coming 300 2T I dont think I will have any stall issues anyway, stalling at small throttle openings seems to be a 4T thing.[/quote]

I'm kind of bumping my Reklused 250 around like that in the rocks and short ~steep hills here lately to just learn how to use it ... Works really nice for easing around hills, hillsides, creeks, and low speed stuff ... Its seems to lock the engine RPM to ground speed which is kind of weird if you are used to the manual clutch lever ...

About 1/2 through a ride today, I realized I was being lazy and not downshifting when my 250cc bike needed a few more RPMs... I was just twisiting the throttle ... 4stroking the 4stroke :( .... I had to cut that out and I'm going back to a clutch bike tomorrow :) ...
  9. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Looks like the Santa Veronica stuff...base of those granite peaks as you are coming back around the Eastern side. A couple more loose, tricky sections left. Was there last weekend, pre-riding the Hammerdown!
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    SHHHH!! hahaha c ya at HD!! hope to have wht te300 by then, if not 310 is super good as well.
  11. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    box canyon 2.jpg box canyon.jpg grants loopout.jpg Familiar?
    benwiggin2 and ray_ray like this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes sir there are some of the best local area single track trails "down" there.
    PS our loop on that day was more south west of sta V. we staged south of tecate on the east side of the 3 hwy and looped out from there with our south of the border hermanos/ride guides. moist dirt conditions with sunny skies made it one of the best rides in months.
    hbaloha and benwiggin2 like this.
  13. hbaloha Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    450exc
    That looks amazing. What a cool Bday. Do you have the contact info for your guides? Were you happy with them? Thanks
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    not guides, just Mexican moto hermanos we ride and race with. All great people.
  15. hbaloha Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    450exc
    Cool. I am heading down this upcoming week end to ride the Tecate area for two days. Where would you recommend I ride? PM me please