tecate trail ride 19MAR11

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Mar 18, 2011.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Tecate trail ride, local school benefit ride,
  2. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow , What a great HammerDown Benefit Ride this year...Borrego Negro laid out 2 great, A, double AA loops...About 75'ish miles of Tecate single track. 3 Huskies represented at the event, Revelle Harrison (TE310), Robert Nantista (TXC450), Myself on the TXC250...Lots of giveaways at the end from Baja Designs, FMF, IMS, Motonation, Alpinestars, FLY, local shops and others....Walked away with free entry to next years Tractor Hare Scrambles race and a Motion Pro, trail socket set [IMG]

It was nice to see Husky NA Corporate down south representing...

Rob, your thoughts???

Oh, and all Huskies made it up Grants Loop out (Grant Palenski's hard enduro hill climb), without any issues [IMG]

[IMG]

Mitch...
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    just tryin to keep it on the downlow.... I feel great today, my bike looks like crap but worked flawlessly. The last long flowing water river rocks section on the AA loop wore me out, I got deep mud rut stuck 2x there, but I did recover for the last miles into the tractor course and back to the ranch.
    Thoughts, My fave sections, the CiCi river rock canyon A loop section I keyed off BajaBound (XR650 ) and got ahead of him until a big rock stopped me cold and over the top I went! (no one saw it!!) I was back on my bike catching a breath when bajabound went back by me. Jur-ass-kick park was brilliant (no issues at all there) the view from the bonus points section alpinestars section was great. Rode the elephant rock with a very compromising foto to follow. Have done grant's climb before and come down as well, it was nice having everyone mocking and laughing and spotting, but not needing any assist, also having an offroad legend LR (your ride partner!) helping spot the section. Also having the Baja solo Ron, Tommy Bs, 2 buck best up the section bet was very entertaining as well. PS JimB gave you the best up the section props while we were waiting for the final AA B loop split. We may have some H cam stuff, hope we got the good stuff. I blew it on that flat rock climb after the little shack by the shade tree, a couple years back I cleaned that bastard, this time I had little assist after I stalled 1/2 way up the steepest flat and stopped, reed grabbed me from sliding back down and I kinda pushed,clutched walked my bike up the final 20 feet or so, I really did not want to go back down (never say do over). IMHO this was the toughest HD yet,,, There were some really tough and long sections.
    PS the rides in this thread are 2 different ones in the same general area at the same time.

My only post ride inspection findings are that my sharkfin is touching my disc (that's why I was so slow ...ha) and my rear brake pedal bolt was 1/2 unscrewed (I always red locktite it came loose anyway)
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. BajaBoundmoto Husqvarna
    B Class

That was a total blast riding with you Robert! Great time on incredible trails!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice Vid...Doesn't do the trail justice though....Hard to see the elevation changes from the riders perspective...BajaBound is an animal on that 6fiddy That's for sure!!!

Rode McCain today with LR...The trails are epic right now....Nice, post Tecate shakedown ride, 2 plus hours....Rode the loop, plus some new stuff LR's riding in...Gonna check in with NB on FB, see if he's up for some riding next week....Should stay awesome for a while, since we'll be getting more rain over the next couple of days....

Mitch
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    That looked bloody hard there Boys
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    San D husky you bastage!! (can you feel the jealosy) Wrapped a little tite with work this week, next week may have a free day, if they dont need me on the east coast for an issue that is hi pri. Glad to know LR is honing his skills after all these years of gold medals,baja wins and legend awards....

ghte yes that is a very fun planned ride and is an A ride for sure, has some ugly/fun sections tied into a relentless single track loop.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    http://vimeo.com/21301942

more hcam video, no charge for KTM steam, thats me on right near the end trying to assist/grab/help the errant Honda as it tackles and beats up its riders knee.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 XR650L SUMO, '11 KTM 990ADV
    Geez, from that starting lineup you can see why KTM is making so much cash. Nice vids.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots of KTMs for sure, note :the guy on the Honda making the fun pass is Ron Wilson Baja 1000 solo winner. The guy on the kato leading with the gray jacket in alot of the vid is our 62 yo crew leader Timo.....he still rails, my tank ass is on the TXC450 one of a few Huskys, Mitch SanDHusky was partnered with legend LR on his TXC250, and Revelle Harrison was on another Husky, the TE310, I was fortunate to also ride with Revelle on a wrong way loop that our little group ended up taking a wrong turn onto, no sweat we backtracked and rejoined the ribbon (@10 mile I would say!! Baja is always an adventure). Reliving this ride is great, conditions were optimum.