Test ride day

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by rockdancer, Mar 6, 2011.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I was lucky enough to have a quick ride on most of the 2011 Husky enduro range
    This is a not a review - more a quick response to what was only a short ride of each bike on a very wet grassy track with no jumps.

WR250 - This bike was spinning up super quick and going nowhere so you had to learn to short change . First gear was quite long but you had to try to keep it in second for the corners to get any traction I felt I was going nowhere. Compared to my old Wr 125 I found it quite similar to ride with a much shorter power band . Quite snappy but not over the top in power at all.
    Jetting seemed a bit rich at first and I noticed a lot of people having trouble wth the kick starter. It wasnt always a first kick to start the bike this may cause issues on hills for some. One rider - a quicker rider said the wr 250 was his pick of the bunch - others said they didnt like it - personal choice.

WR 300 - Getting on the WR 300 I found it was better suited to the wet and was maybe better jetted as well. Power was smoother and I felt it would have been a better trail bike for hills . I cant say which of the two strokes Id prefer as I did like the snappines of the 250 as it was quite exciting.

I jumped on 449 and it was noticeably easier to get the power down .
    The front end was'nt as easy to control possibly and I nearly came of it on the muddy straight. It sounded fantastic - best exhaust note.
    The power was also instant - electric feeling . No bog on this baby
    Turned well and felt like it was probably the quickest in the condiitons due to the traction.
    I didnt get the same buzz as when I first rode a 2009 TE 450 - possibly because of the mud!
    Im sure it is a better bike though but no chance to stretch its legs.

I didnt ride the 511 but others said it was really good with easy to use power.

I have a TE250 2010 so I felt at home on the 310. Most said it was the easiest to ride less tiring than the 449. Noticeably lighter . The power was a fair bit less than the 449 . There was a bit more torque than my 250 but wasnt a hige difference. It revved out well like the 250 does and steered well.
    It had the exhaust sensor removed - but had the flat spot off idle
    Didnt notice this when riding it though .

They had a CR150 on display only and I dont think Ive seen a WR 150 in Oz yet .

All bikes were good and I would be happy to own any of them . My choice would be the 310. In all honesty though Im happy to keep my 2010 TE 250 for now.

Thanks to Coast line BMW Currimundi Qld for the day .
    They put on very nice catering as well so the BMW influence has its benefits!
    yamafreek, robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Some pics

Attached Files:

3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very cool. thanks.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    You lucky blighter bet you had a great day Rockdancer
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    yeh - loved it
    Funnily enough i was keenest to ride the wr 250
    Pic of me doing an " I am the Stig " impression ( unintentionally )

Attached Files:

Motosportz likes this.