1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc thanks 4 the help (pulled the trigger on wr300)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, Mar 3, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Moto Tech in boise got one of the 2009 wr300's in, and built it up for me, and matched the price I found further away, and took my money. I'm gonna go home shortly and get the truck and zip back and pick it up. Thanks to all here for patiently answering my newbie questions and reassuring me.

For 3000', dry air, 50-55 degrees, the jetting didn't feel too far off just putting around the parking lot. It started right up even wearing topsiders, so I guess the kickstarter isn't going to be the problem i was worried about.

Unfortunately, we're leaving friday for the national hare and hound in el centro, so i won't get a real ride in on it til next week sometime. :cry:
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congratulations to a great bike! I hope you will like it as much as i like mine! You will look much better ride on a Husky then ride on some orange vegetable:D! And you will be much faster in the ruts then on an unstable pumpkin too! Good luck!

Johnny:sweden:
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey CONGRATS and from everthing I've read you gonna love the bike, enjoy.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Are you Llamaface on TT? I'm Ride. We have chatted. i think you will really like that bike. I prefer the WR250 (or really the WR125) but they are all good solid bikes. Welcome.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will be at El Centro with both my CR 125 and WR 250 i Think i am going to race the 250 El Centro is fast flat sand on the first loop
    and on the second loop the first part is sand dunes and the second part is rocks .Stop by and say hi i will be in a white ford box van
    with Ajax Auto and 10 West on it will be parked next to tean Kaw
    Also i am also going up to your area in 2 weeks for your National
    It shows to be 868 miles one way .El centro is only 60 miles from me
    John N6m
    PS if Ty and Team Husky is there as they should be talk to Ty as they are racing 2 WR 300 and have a few tricks to make it work even better
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi kelly, we have not only chatted, but unless i'm having a senior moment, we raced a 24 hr together when i was velosapiens, back in the dark reaches of time. :cheers:

kewl. I'll look for you. I'm going to race my kx250. We're planning on camping out at the race site saturday evening. Should be showing up early afternoon in time to do a few practice runs on the bomb and get registered. Looks like comfy weather.

:confused::confused:
    1. so.... does this thing have a switch for the headlight, or is it always on unless I unplug it?

2. do i really have to hold the button down on the computer while starting the engine to change it from km to miles? that's gonna require team tactics i think.
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Congrats on the purchase!

I cant answer your questions as I never used the stock computer, lights or wiring harness. I bought a TrailTech x2 light and wired it in myself cause I heard the stocker was worthless.

El Centro?? As in the Gateway to Glamis?
    That place brings back some hazy memories of my early 20's. Have fun and be safe :cheers:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You are right. Somehow i did not put 2 and 2 together and realize you were Mark until your Email this morning. Look forward to your impressions of the bike. Suspension might need some tweaking. Very durable mount. :thumbsup:
  9. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Can't wait to hear some ride reports since I am thinking about a '09 WR250. I'm trying to get rid of my streetbike first to make room in the garage, or else I'd probably have one by now.
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats Mark -- I can't wait to see it. I'll be racing with Mark and Tresa [his very speedy significant other] at the H&H in Idaho -- maybe I'll see some of you guys there?
  11. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Congrats on the the new addition.
  12. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm hoping to take it for a short spin in the morning if i don't feel too crappy. right now i feel pretty crappy, so i called in sick to work since we have to drive to las vegas tomorrow night. Still no handguards, but i got a skidplate mounted and set the sag and adjusted the bars and controls about where i like them. gonna leave the jetting stock for at least the first ride or two and see if it seems rich in the cool, dry, winter idaho air. It ran really well for the 15 mins i rode it yesterday.