The all new tc450 in cycle news

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by racemx904, Apr 27, 2010.

1. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Funny as the few comments at the bottom of the article mirror what is said \ asked about the bike on the pure Husky sites :)
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Still best to reserve some judgement untill after the first few races. if it goes well you will be amazed at how many converts there will be. I do wish them well though. It is time for Husky to step to the plate on the MX side. I think great MX machines attributes definately trickle down to the enduro bikes.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    And how would they put on a larger fuel tank....? :confused:
  5. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    "Huska-beemer!" I also wish this well and we should find out soon. When will this bike be tested or produced? Early Fall?
  6. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    For me,this was not the direction I was hopeing a new 450 would go.They had the most reliable and ease of maintance motors out there.Now you have this mantance nightmare of a BMW that happens to say Husqvarna on it.Just wait till you have to adust the valves on that motor.
  7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    And?????????????

I've adjusted plenty on both HSQ and BMW. The BMW is only a tad more time involved but still not as labor intensive as a traditional DOHC. One of the cams utilizes finger followers while the other is cam over. Takes about 20 more minutes then current DOHC HSQ's if that side needs an adjustment, but they seem to stay pretty spot on for the first 90-100hrs in non-competitive use.

The fact that then engine is A LOT lighter then the current HSQ platform and put's out about 10% more hp per cc is a very nice feature too!
  8. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    Like I said,this is not the replacement I was hopeing for.As for the BMW motor being lighter and having more HP than the current motor,yes your right.I'm sure Husky had their next generation 450 motor too.I would have liked to have seen it and then pass judgement.It really dosen't matter now,BMW has all the marbles and they will do it their way. As for valve adjustment,as soon as I have to pull cams, I'm sorry, give me Huskys current layout