The Epic Washougal Hangover Scrambles Pix and vid Check it out

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Crazy freaking race. I took pix and vid. Jake did real well (08 TXC250)...

I got some good pic of most classes and some crappy vid of the uphill AM class that was epic fun to watch. Unfortunately did not get much of the Ex class as it was dark and my cam took a lot of blurry pix. Found the ISO setting in manual mode and yanked the sucker up which helped.

Pix - http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/1-1-10-Washougal-Hangover/10826943_qQM2p#755067716_RLSyX

Gopro vid - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motosportz#p/u

buddy Jake on the EX class, nice job bro...

[IMG]

Brandon / PC

[IMG]

Had my cam figured out by the quad class. i think this is buddy Jason from Bent lever...

[IMG]

Jason, you have some mud right above your left eye you might want to wipe off :smirk:

[IMG]

The side by sides were more fun to watch than i thought they would be...

[IMG]

[IMG]

But and AM on the uphill was a spectators dream...

[IMG]

[IMG]

I believe the dude in the middle on the air cooled XR spent the entire race right there.

[IMG]
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    OMG its not mud its a grease pit!!!
    Hats off to the riders, even the side by sides and quads!!

the guy leaning against the fence is classic!!
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    That was Awesome!!!

I had such a blast out there, the conditions for the expert race were perfect.

The motoz tires were awesome in the last mud race. This race is the only race of the year that allows studded tires, anything goes. The motoz with the ice screws were a powerful combination.

I got all 7 laps on the go pro...

Here is the first lap, I got the worst start ever! Pardon my language in a couple spots, I have a potty mouth when people crash hard. Who knew? :excuseme:

[smugmug]aT03NTU1OTA0NDYmaz1oMzZqbyZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

The rest of the pictures and video's are here...

Later,
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is a excellent video Jake! I had to watch it three times and still don't see the guy's bike in the field that crashed. It is Crazy on the downhill MX track with three bikes to avoid! How did you end up in the race and what happened on the start?
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Yeah baby!
    I had a freaking blast. The first race of the day was just epic. So glad I signed up for that instead of the AM class.

I hit the same rock as the guy who tumbled in the 1st lap on the grass section. I hit it in 4th and saw my life flash before my eyes as my rear end and the seat separated. Really scary stuff.

I need to try some studded tires one of these times. I'm making this too hard on myself. Even with that said. the non-studded Motoz I ran were incredible. The WR performed flawlessly and I'm super happy with its performance in that slop. Me on the other hand....

Congrats on the good finish bud. I nabbed 6th in class, but more importantly I whipped on most of my buddies :busted:
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks!

It is off to the right, you can just barely see the bike tumbling. I saw it plain as day though, Scary stuff!

I ended up 2nd in 30+ expert, 7th overall, my best finish yet.

At the start it was 8:00 am and there was not a lot of time to warm up the bike so it was pretty much dead cold. I am also running the turntech 2.5 battery and it is short on quick cranking power in cold weather. I hit the button and when the bike normally would have started I clicked it into gear as it fired and killed it. I cranked it a few more times, then had to find neutral to get it to fire. I should have kicked it...:lol:

Here is lap 2, I got passed early by a 450 KTM who was willing to hang it out a bit more than my 55 mph top speed... :eek: I tailed him for most of the lap and he eventually made a mistake before the log section.

[smugmug]aT03NTU4NjkwODkmaz1Yc0hHcyZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I keep trying to wipe the goop off your lens :D

- Thats Adam and I right at the 6:00 mark yelling.

Who was on the YZ125 that flat took off? And was that Sullivan on the KXF who won?
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Great footage of the race. Never mind the "potty mouth". It was the "potty lens" that was created by all the mud that had me more concerned.:lol:
  9. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

Awesome clips and congrats!:applause: "Potty mouth" had me thinking you would be cursing left and right. I can feel the concern in your words when he crashed and thats better than saying nothing. How do you think about wiping off the camera during a race? I don't know but keep it up!:thumbsup:
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yeah there are only a few potty mouth moments, nothing too major but more than I would like. :cool:

I try to wipe off the camera every time I get roosted, it is the ones that come off the front tire that end up staying a bit too long.

Here is lap three...
    [smugmug]aT03NTU5MDA3MDMmaz1ZQnh5ZyZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  11. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

I keep saying "I can't see! I can't see!" I keep bobbing my head around trying to see around the mud. My wife stuck her head in the door and asked me what I was watching, I told her I was trying to help sombody ride around the track, she thought I was crazy, but I kinda got caught up in it.:lol:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny that all turned into a swamp for the AM class.
  13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Not sure who was on the YZ but the guy on the KXF is Jason's brother Don, on Shanes old 450. :D He did not win though, Keith Sweeten won. I stood with Don and Joe as they went over the barcode lap sheet and the backup lap sheet.

The funny thing is Keith was the only one to start on the second row, right behind me. :lol: Him and his dad showed up late and his dad had no goggles.:banghead: I was telling him before the race when they were trying to drum up volunteers for the AA class that he should bump up. He said no way but he would have won some money. :applause:

Later,
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the kid on the YZ125 was FLYING. he was amazing. Kept that KXF at bay for quite a while. Must have ended third then huh?
  15. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Not sure who ended up first in AA but Don got second in AA/third overall. Someone else took the AA win, might have been the kid on the yz125.

Lap 4A, the bottleneck... After I helped out the guy on lap three and he helped me out there seemed to be a stoppage of action in that very spot.

4:10 in Husky WR250 stuck in the rut he was in 5th overall at the time, the kid ran all the way to the pits from the far corner of the course to get his dad. They went back to get his bike, but he was two laps down by then.

4:20 in Don going backwards on the course to avoid the bottleneck...

[smugmug]aT03NTU3MjMzMjMmaz1jNkVBeSZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Lap 4B had to split this one up because it was more than 10 minutes.

2:52 Kelly and Adam cheering me on.:thumbsup:

[smugmug]aT03NTU3MzQxMjkmaz1kWEZieSZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Lap 5 Fresh Gloves!

1:25 The guy that was stuck in the rut in front of me on lap three is down in the field. Hit the same hidden rock as the guy on the first lap. After that they marked the rock with a stake. He said he was 2nd overall at the time.

2:34 Kelly and Adam cheering again. :D

[smugmug]aT03NTU2NDUyODImaz1rY3VEbyZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  17. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

Keep it coming!:applause: I think there's a lot of us living vicariously.:D How long is the course and what was your average time/speed? Looks like your moving along briskly.
  18. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks, I am glad someone is enjoying my antics. :thumbsup:

The course was 3 miles long, I did seven laps in just over an hour. Missed the cutoff for the 8th lap just barely. My trail tech had me at 20.8 miles, and an average speed of 20.8 MPH.

Lap 6

3:00 in as I am getting passed I am passing my friend josh who was stuck in the bottleneck for a lap and a half.

[smugmug]aT03NTU2NjY0MDMmaz1SN21CZSZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Here is a sideline view of the passes at the 3:00 mark.

[smugmug]aT03NTUxNTI5MTYmaz1EdDlieCZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  19. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jake...those videos pulled me right in! I was there with you every lap and felt bad for the guy that crashed in the beginning. You could really hear the pain in your voice. Thanks for the ride and great job.
  20. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks David! It really sucks seeing people crashing hard especially at the speeds we were going through there.

Here is the final lap...

[smugmug]aT03NTU2OTE4NTAmaz1ySEg3SCZhPTEwODI4Mjc1XzNTUjkzJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,