1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st The first step to solving a problem......

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AbramzTnk, Jan 5, 2011.

1. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Is admitting that you have one. Addiction....it's a strong word. Hi, my name is Tank and I'm addicted to dirt bikes. So there I was, just cruising Craigslist, not looking for anything in particular...just curious, you understand. It IS my off season and I DON'T have a lot going on, so what's the harm in just "Browsing", right? All these dumb Joes who think their 10 year old, thrashed out bikes are worth 3K...and of course all of them have, "Just been rebuilt". So I'm clipping off the list in the local area....YES I do look as far as Atlanta and Charlotte.....and even down to Charleston...but it's just a healthy curiosity, I mean we ALL do it right? Anyway, so I find this nice, honest post on a 1992 Husky 250 CR....it's only 5 miles away and the dude is sooooooo honest; it needs a clutch lever and clutch cable...but it runs and it's ONLY $425 Neg.....I mean, what's the harm in looking right? So I innocently text the guy to see if it was still there and if so, what time I could take a quick peeky at this small piece of recent history. He confirmed that he'd be there all day, so I hook up the trailer....just looking....go to the bank and take out $400...he did say negotiable...and make the LOOKING trip. So I get to this impound lot and the young Marine is trying to get this bike to crank. The plastic.....gotta be replaced.... The Seat....Needs a new cover. Tires.....rode out about 5 years ago. Frame....Solid. Wheels....true. Forks.....Need the seals replaced. CR's don't have headlights and tail lights...HMMMM. WXC is tagged on the head tube. So as I'm doing the mental calculator and adding up the price of beauty and function, I'm telling war storys, puffing on a nice Honduran Churchill. The Young Marine reservist took this bike as a trade on some parts and he needs money to get his wrecker's head gasket fixed so he can make some more money. When he asked me what I thought, I honestly told him that $400 was more than I'd pay, considering the amount I'd need to put into it before my haunches would occupy the blue seat. I told him my TOP dollar that I would consider was $200, but wanted him to continue to look for someone who'd pay him what he needed. He said for $200, he'd load it on the truck....I refused and adamantly and doggedly insisted that he wait and see if another person would give him full price. It that failed, THEN he could call me and I'd pick it up. He began pushing the bike to the trailer saying, he'd just as soon be rid of her now. I gave the nice young Marine/businessman $250 and strapped down my new project......Heck, I haven't even gotten the carb problem on the RM solved yet.....I figure if I can't fix her at all, parting her out will triple my money, but THAT's my last resort. My name is Tank, and I'm addicted to Dirt Bikes. :banghead:
    David Howell likes this.
  2. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

So what is the problem?:lol:
  3. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    ^^ That there's funny no matter who yuh ar!
  4. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    great intro :D welcome to the home of husky :D
  5. marty922 Husqvarna
    B Class

Pics of this $200 bargain?
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Isn't it obvious? It's the carb on the RM! :lol:

Welcome to CafeHusky, Tank :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Never, never, never, never can have too many. :lol: If it has a 6 speed tranny then it is the wxc. The bottom end of the motor is worth the $250 for the tranny to swap into any of the new WR250/300's. I am sure there are at least a half a dozen people on here who would love to have that. Great find. :cheers:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Welcome to the help group Tank, I'm Kelly and I too have this addiction. Hope we can help each other (find more bikes on the cheap) :D
  9. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Ugh - im addicted to :(
    Just bought the engine from 7602 Racing.
    Planning on converting to a 530, and be a spare to my SM racing efforts.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Obviously, someone failed to tell you the SECOND step is avoiding those who share your addiction... and love it! :lol:
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't have any problems, except for my garage (and bank account) being too small to add more bikes.:(
  12. rajobigguy Administrator

Nice first post Tank. Just so you know, I'm not really a dirt bike addict, I'm more of a "social rider".:D
  13. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Gents, thanks for the kind words. Here is my $250 beauty, in her larval stage.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Don't look too long.....she's UGLY naked

[IMG]

Tank
  14. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    needs a bit 'o TLC
    Im sure you'll give her the attention she demands.
  15. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

'Yup TLC=time, luck and cash