The High Greenlands Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, May 4, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This was another exploratory type ride meaning, I'll ride into a specific area with GPS routes to rideout and verify their conditions if nothing else. Usually makes for an ~easy way to spend the day and I take in some new scenery ... This is all recorded on my GPS and I'll use this to tie up with other parts of the island I've rode before. Sometimes just a ridge line away ... sometimes, 2 ridge lines.

Here's the data captured by my voyager GPS ... Nothing fancy but some of the numbers are a little interesting ... Not sure how to read those grade figures just yet ... And I think I'm gonna start hooking up the RPM meter in the future...Its only 1 wire to wrap around the plug wire and should be easy enough to move between bikes..
    HighGreenLands.jpg
    The blue line is the GPS trail... Doesn't mean alot without the map ... But since I have seen the trail on a map, that small circle on the far left is where most of the pics and video were made and the small finger just on the right top side of that loop, is where I went the wrong way into that guys farm lands.

Here's a creek crossing just below where the new territory starts ... This place always has bamboo stuffed in here.
    102_0585_result.JPG

102_0593_result.JPG

Further up the mountain side now and the trail on the bottom is where I had sort of planned on riding again ... It goes just under the bottom of those white bluffs on the right. 102_0603_result.JPG
    That trail is the same one as in this report ... This is the south end of the trail where I emerged in the other report.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/running-redhill-ridge-north-to-south.32171/

I just noticed that the 2nd picture of that old thread shows the far ridge line that is the location of this new ride report ... Its a small world here really :0
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I wound up heading up and over another small ridge over this area ..
    102_0605_result.JPG

That is a eastern view and ok for todays ride ... I should know where that village is over there but again, not sure :(
    102_0619_result.JPG

That's an isolated home ...There's paths down there but probably dead-ends due that huge valley.
    102_0610_result.JPG

Here's a better view of the ridge line where the previous ride report about ... The trail goes all the way to the last dips in that ridge line and loops around it back to the east side of the island (home).
    102_0618_result.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is the trail I came down to get to where the bike is parked over-looking the home. That trail just winds around up that right hill...
    102_0628_result.JPG

Here's a higher view of the trail I rode down on ... After heading off into the valley and now returning back out and heading south to get a better view, I'll head back up that trail and over to the far hilltop on the right middle of the pic...
    102_0639_result.JPG

Yep the rekluse bike is being forward stopped by that bamboo ...
    102_0644_result.JPG

Here's the climb back the up the trail and over to the far hills tops in the previous pics ... I pretty much stunk this climb up also ... It's a lot steeper than it looks ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWTPIVs3bg
    I'm probably in 1st gear rolling off that initial hill top, practicing using the rekluse as the brake on downhills ... Still having a couple issues here as at times, I still like locking the engine to stop the rear wheel.
    --
    You can see the start of the area I'm calling the Greenlands at the end of the video ... I'm just heading back north of the entry point after I make the climb out from that saddle ..
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a few more pics of the area ...

102_0652_result.JPG

That's the trail (running left to right) along that smaller ridge I finally traveled on my way out... I parked the bike on the far left and had to walk out the trail to verify I could ride it out. 102_0657_result.JPG

2474' high
    102_0659_result.JPG

Right above my left handgrip you can see the island of Negros(?)
    102_0670_result.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The High Greenlands
    102_0671_result.JPG

That ridge line was also the entry point; You can see the bluffs in the background that were in the previous pics ...
    102_0669_result.JPG

102_0652_result.JPG

102_0667_result.JPG

I'm not sure how all that ground gets cleared for farming or grazing really ... I see the locals clearing ground all the time by machete but this area looks like it was cleared long ago and there is zero sign of the larger scaled cattle operations that could work on this scale ... maybe the locals have cleared it over time I guess..