The LiLo-An Riders.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Continuing with my trail riding theme for 014, when I was out riding last Sunday, I ran into these riders. Clueless how I have missed riding into them before now but I do know about all these small towns will have a specific group of trail riders, usually riding on their day off from work (Sunday).

LiLo-An is about 1\2 way to Guba where I connect with the Talamban riders Sundays. Add these guys start early, their riding is not the extreme hard stuff here, so it looks like a positive.

Not alot of pics but parts of these video show how cool the riding is here and how native looking some of the stuff here can be in this small location I usually do not ride.

Just rounded a corner on my 010 TC250 in Mulao and there they were.... Clicked on the ContourRoam and motioned for them to continue so I could take up my place at the rear ... It's their group & I do not wanna stick my bike in there, too hard, too quickly... Might be a little rude ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcxKW-LWpM

I have been on that road we took but not in about 2yrs so I do not really know the road. But I did manage to get towards the front of the pack and got some good video at about the 5 minute mark of another 2t rider hanging it out and I just trying to hang and keep him video. I would never go that fast on that road even if dry. That road is very slick in places and open to all traffic.

--
    This is the bike the rider I was following was riding ...Looks like a 70s (?) model mono-shock on a bike that was probably imported here in the '80s (90s?) by the Norkis Company. Not sure on the cc size but it is probably a 200cc bike. These guys like 125cc machines out here but like 200cc bikes better... Most say a 250cc is too powerful and heavy for trails. 100_2111_result.JPG
    That trail was pretty smooth and I never saw his bike take a bad bounce ...It did bounce pretty high once towards the end of the VID when he hit some big rocks but it was straight and no side-to-side stuff. His oil-pump was not working I think. My hats off to him and I'll see him later.

--
    This ride ends the smack I was sort of ~writing about the China bikes on the trails here. Yes they can be ridden out in the countryside. No they will not survive true trails rides..
    juicypips likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Little more video ....After that initial blast with these guys, I'm happy enough to return to back of the pack and do a little passing on the Husky in some gnarly places I hope ...

About a minute of so from the end, I'm perfectly happy to sit back and watch those 3 rip it up till we stop again... But when that guy with the orange rear sprocket made that mistake, I had let the husky power on by and up that hill ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OAxTAbj6OI

Here is the bike the guy who ran second up the hill was riding ..
    100_2114_result.JPG

Here's where you add the oil for the oil-pump. I'm gonna watch these oilpumper rigs for smoke&spooge.
    100_2115_result.JPG

--
    Here's the 3rd rider who lost MO and I got past..
    LiLoAn_Rider.jpg
    Centerline likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's another short one of a cool little trail ... You can see the roads and trails change on the fly very quickly here ... Most rides are really just tying in multiple2x routes here for mileage ..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Q2G_PycQY

Few pics from along the way ...

These guys step down in bike also as time passes... A 125cc 4t bike is not too fast but they are pretty strong in the lower gears. These bikes qualify as flick-able.
    100_2116_result.JPG
    I told him that additional bar across his bike looked factory ... He liked that.

--

Nice looking area for sure.
    100_2118_result.JPG

I ran into this place and made the mistake of trying to make that climb up that road to the far left ... I'll have to do another thread on that later..
    100_2122_result.JPG
    Centerline and Dirtdame like this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's one more, longer video... I call all this stuff shallow or low-lands riding, meaning it it not far from coast line.

We're still heading S\SE towards the highway and pass several different areas ...Pretty good clue on the stuff here many ride on daily. I've got to add some of this stuff to my normal riding.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58sAqqcsJpE

Rascal bike at the 3:13 mark ... Looks like a small bike (16" rims?) with the big bikes passing it ..
    Small crash by the front rider at 3:43...
    The moment I had, starting at the ~5:56 mark, shows how slick some of that stuff is out there ... You can see the guy in front tracks around the corner AOK and my bike looses the rear end first and the entire bike ends up sliding sideways. Maybe I touched the rear brake? Maybe that small bump caused it? No clue.

You can see we also sort of convoy along also at times ...Feels safe to me ...Like I'm riding in the rocking-chair for you old CBers.
    Centerline likes this.
  5. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Good stuff, fun rides.
    Then I got distracted watching the Cray Cray girls :-)
  6. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Ray Ray, I have watched several of your videos and one think keeps popping into my mind. I don't ever see you have problems with the wild life, particularly the monkeys and snakes. I spent some time in Subic Bay and just walking could be dangerous to ones health. You ever have problems with wild life?
  7. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have pondered that as well. Attended JEST .. Jungle Environment Survival Training school at Subic Bay in the 70's.
    Encountered no snakes, but lots of monkes during the time there. The instructors cautioned emphatically about the numerous poisonous snakes thruout the PI; and I think Cebu has some of nearly all the varieties.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sph, I guess times have ~changed since your days here ... No real wild-life here on the animal side at least on Cebu... I do see a few snakes and some big lizards from to time ... Might be some animals on some of the larger islands ...

JEST? -- Army always has some weird names for its programs -- I'd like to know what the few snakes I see here really are and if poisonous. I just do not remove my boots out there watch a little where I step. This guy said this is a python but I'm not really sure. I know where he lives at and that snake should pop-up again again in a yr or so. I've heard other locals say they see these out in the mountains ...
    100_2131_result.JPG
    --

This pic shows a growing phenom here sitting on the front and driving ..Seeing more and more of that here ... Now image, you get on the back of that bike, voluntarily ... And you disappear for 3 days or more ... You'll have to say aliens abducted you are something ... That might be dangerous ...
    100_1704_result.JPG
    Centerline likes this.
  9. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ray Ray, I believe some form of JEST is still operating at Olongapo/ Subic Bay; perhaps aimed more now at tourists.
    Anyhow it was run by the Navy, but instructed by some Filipino nationals I would shudder to think of trifling with
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Due to the weather, I missed the ride with these guys last week ... I'm hoping to get back with these guys this week and make this ride a pretty standard thing. I've rode with many riders here on the older bikes and I can usually up the pace in the faster\rougher sections and watch these guys top-out their older suspensions and cause their bike to jump all sideways and bottom and stuff like that will make they slow down or crash.

Some of the stuff I ride in is in the same general area and over-laps these guys riding area. If some of these riders go as fast as me in the rougher stuff on their ~20 yr old bikes, I'm looking under the tank or where ever that mono-shock is mounted at and asking a few questions. Some of these guys are on 200cc, 2t bikes ... More than enough engine to run a 250cc 4t bike. I can understand that part but not the suspension angle. If necessary, I'm breaking out my 250cc 2t Husky. ... which is gonna happen anyway ;)

--

That tourist angle makes sense to me ... This nation \ culture \ race \ group of people are not belligerent by any stretch.... This crowd is nice to the core, first. They like and help each other or at least tolerate to each other on a very high degree. We'll dance and sing (not me, I'm just a dirt bike rider) here on a daily basis for the next 1000 yrs maybe and allow the world to take care of itself... Quit alot to wrap your head around and adapt to for me. Reminds me of my early days in AR where we just lived our lives and did not care about the other side of the world\universe, any.
    Centerline likes this.