The Monkey ball

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is the monkey ball story ... about 6-7 months back, I peeled off from a group of riders(Petron guys) in the TapTap \ Transcental Hiway area because I just could not head back down into muddy ST ... On the way out, I met 2 other American riders ... We headed back North and stayed on the double track roads and somehow found a school that had a large white ball that contained 2 monkeys ... I had no idea where we were or how we got there ...

So, ever since then, I have asked about the monkey ball and its location ... Most just looked at me and laughed and no one had a clue on its location ... I'm not even sure most believed such a monkey ball existed ...

I found it again yesterday by accident as I was pushing further south ...I'm trying to make a map of the area here with the roads and ST on it ...

Here's the pics ...It's in the Mabini area ...I also found some other ST I had rode on also but forgot where it was ....

Here is the entry point .. Both of these roads go back to Paril ... The one on the left is gnarliest and gives access to a hardtop road to Guba ...
    GEDC2147.JPG

The monkey ball in background
    GEDC2151.JPG

That is LapuLapu in the far background ...
    GEDC2162.JPG

GEDC2155.JPG

GEDC2153.JPG
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a few more pics of the area .... The last 2 pics are of the ST\DBL road I found again after loosing it many months ago ... It goes south and into the Talamban area but I'll have to return and confirm its destination ...

GEDC2148.JPG

GEDC2157.JPG

GEDC2159.JPG

This is not true ST as it is a road but its size and quality can shrink and change very quickly
    GEDC2176.JPG

GEDC2174.JPG
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

the monkey ball?? hahaha oh you silly amerikahns!!
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

is that someones house?? if so looks like a pretty nice pad to me. alot of work in those retaining walls.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the way to Mabini from Paril I traveled today.... Cross over the bridge heading east and just follow the road ... There is one right hand turn to make at a hairpin turn about ~2 miles from the bridge ... Looks like the rainy season is here finally ... The mountain creeks just keep draining down until they all drain into the larger rivers at the bottom ... I was just riding my bike in the that river bed a few weeks back ... It rises and falls quickly with the rain fall .... GEDC2134.JPG GEDC2138.JPG GEDC2139.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There is a home of some sort at the back of that area on the far right side ... Over by the ball, to its right, it looks like a building was there once and is now gone as there is a staircase there leading to the top ... This might have been the original school area ... Not sure but the current school is just down the road 100 yrds or so ...

I'm glad I found it again ... Everyone thought I was BSing them on the monkey ball ... Now I got pics :) ....
  7. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

that would explain the big retaining walls i guess
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

is there monkeys in there??? i cant tell
  9. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

never mind i didnt see the pic lol :doh:
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There's 2 in there ... First time I was there, the big one was giving the little one a thrashing ....

Apparently, the thrashing was a little too much as the small one is kept outside the cage on a leash as shown in the 2nd pic...

Attached Files:

11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

lol thank god you didnt come up on them when he was spankin the lil monkey:eek: hahahaha ok ok cheesy to the extreme
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll remember to keep my distance if I show up again ....