The mysterious spring (need help)

Discussion in '610/630' started by The Old Husky, Jun 24, 2024.

1. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    My 2001 TE610's engine has been in parts for a year now. Due to circumstances i just had no time for it. I few days ago i picked it up again, put the engine together and left with a spring i cant remember.

DSCF0142.JPG

DSCF0143.JPG

I could not find a exploded view of the 2001 version, but a found them in online manuals of the 1995 TE610 and 2004 TE570. No such spring to see.

So maybe it is from a lathe a had rebuild and cant remember it anymore. Until i saw a picture in an advertisement of a company selling used Husqvarna parts at Marktplaats, a dutch kind of Craigslist or Ebay.

And that was this picture, according to the seller from a 1995 TE610.

DSCF0140.JPG

And there is the spring again. The as the one i have. I recognize the gears and the are all from the clutch side.

Well my question is simple, where does this spring belong? Can someone tell me?
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The spring goes between the cam chain sprocket and the drive gear on the crankshaft.
    mysery1 likes this.
  3. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    Pfffeew.... As least i dont have to take of the cylinder and split the engine again. This is about 10 minutes of work. Thanks for your quick reply.

It was a hot day today, to hot to work in my even hotter workshop. Inside it was 40 degrees celcius. So i stay under the sealing fan in my home and start to read the 1995 manual. This spring is mentioned 1 time, but no pictures or clear exploded views. I stil have the manual of my 1984 and 1987 Yamaha YZ 125. They are far better described and detailed. The Japanese show exploded views of even the smallest details. With my Honda XR 250R it was the same. The Italians should spend a little more attention to this. Maybe KTM does nowadays.

Thanks again.