1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc The Never Endin' (unofficial) Tiddler's Only Thread......

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pvduke, Aug 11, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    1/8th liter's aint joke. Take's a real Joe or Jane to ride one.
    Most is happpy with a a larger displacement, sitt'n down, grunt'n their way through the heck in front of them...

But when it get's down to it, Tiddler pilots have a burning desire to do more with way less. And- You know what I mean. Especially when yer off the front, waxin' the big bore's and layin' it down mreeep! style through the sticky's. You ain't always the winner in an all out drag down a fire road but, when ya git some, clean that tricky climb or fling it 'tween the trees in style trust me, THEY remember after it's burger 'n beer:30 time.

"hey, there's that 125 Husky again...."

And, there's a certain satisfaction in that for me. You?

125's (and over-bore off-spring) to the FRONT....show 'em.

mreeeep!

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Go little or go home.
    pvduke and WoodsChick like this.
  3. HuskyKurt Husqvarna
    B Class

the pass.jpg
    1975 Husqvarna 175 putting a pass on two modern big bores.
    pvduke likes this.
  4. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

I would be very interested in the new 150, but am worried about me being a big fatty . 95kgs

But dont you just miss the wind on throttle response of a 300, like an unexpected log or something????
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nope- God made that clutch easy to pull for a reason.

mreep!

Epic pic Kurt.
  6. HuskyKurt Husqvarna
    B Class

Interesting. back in 1992, I moved from the open class (KX500) to the 125 class (WXE125). I thought the same thing but really, you tend to ride a liitle different. The 125 follows the trail, rather than bull dozing down it. In stead of tensing up and absorbing the log, the 125 floats over it. Staying light on the bike, loose and allowing the bike to go where it needs, vice hanging on for dear life with a hand full of throttle.
  7. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I want one of these little jewels so bad I can taste it. Now that the 2012 models are coming with the 144 kit, it makes it even tougher to resist.
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Resistance is futile! :cheers: I might like a 175 or 200 but it will take somebody with a gun to make me give up my 150.
  9. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Last weekend I rode my KX-KDX 200 hybrid at the Quarry Run Dual Sport in Hancock, NY. It ran flawlessly, and its torquey 200 motor pulled me nicely up all the hills. I came home to my '08 CR 125, which was in need of new headset bearings. Well, after a two-hour struggle to get the new bearings in, I took it for a little burn around the yard. GAWD I love that little tiddler. My 200 has the guts to make hill climbs way easier than the Husky, but NOTHING flicks a turn like that one-two-five.

It'll be Wallybeaned this winter, methinks...
  10. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I figured I might as well trot out these old tiddler pics...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Here is my CR125 at the 2010 Jack Pine Enduro. It's the perfect bike for tight singletrack.

[IMG]
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    I remember this one...poster child shot.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    I want one of these CR's to offset my WR...love this frame.
  14. HuskyKurt Husqvarna
    B Class

300109_1923144687420_1506197442_31704464_6184257_n.jpg
    1975 Husqvarna 175 Cross Country - Regional MX1 Motocross, Azores, Portugal 8.14.11
    This was practice. I didn't race it due to a minor issue with the clutch and rode the Can-Am again in stead.
  15. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    I'll have to post some ''1/2 way thru the season'' pictures. This is ''Before'' we started the season, but it does not look near as good right now.

Last night I just replaced another broken engine head brace and a bent linkage arm.
    Not exactly a Timex...but this thing is taking a licking and kind-of, sort-of still ticking!

Keeping up any race bike is constant no matter the brand...
    6 GNCC and 3 local/national races done and 8 or 9 to go to finish the season...

Plus countless hours on the practice tracks, we'll see...

Not sure where we are heading next year, but I don't think we'll put a 125 in the fray...

[IMG]

[IMG]

16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have to say my 125/144 got kicked to the curb when the amazing 511 arrived but I really want to take it out again. Hard to have much more fun than a 125. Love topping a hill bigger bikes struggle on and taking pix while they work on it. An amazing bike and the fun factor is through the roof.

[IMG]
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That thing needs the "Experimental" big bore kit from the Montana Mad Scientist
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You all know the stories on both my 2006 and 2008 CR 125 Bullit Proof Plus a few AMA Nationals
    titles with them . Both 125A and Over 50A Both bikes went over 3 years before the lower end was worked on .My 2008 in now at Georges because George wants to do a 167 BUT some parts are on National Back order so i said make it a 125 again . Bore still looks good so lets start season 5
    with the same standard bore 125 is fast enought to get it done .
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can hardly wait to try yours especially with that pipe. :thumbsup:
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is going to have to take some serious abuse to be as solid as George's. I am a little leary as the oem 144 cylinder is not as solid in the rear transfer area as the pre-08 cylinders. If it holds up I will have it at the NW Gathering.