1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc The new 144 fuel tank

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Last Lap, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok so here is what I found. I measured the fuel that I put in the tank. And I was able to get just under 2 1/2 gallons. I was like a quarter of a quart short on the the last quart. I was able to fit the cap on without fuel spilling out. Petcock closed. Now as you can see from the pics I posted here is the problem with this tank. Unlike KTM who puts the lower hanging fuel off to the left side of the bike this tank runs out of fuel in a hair under two gallons. I know the bike is not running and jumping around helping to slosh the fuel over to the other side but that works both ways. So I'm picking up another petcock to install in the right side of the tank and will "T" it in over the weekend. Also there is no reserve.

Attached Files:

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man it sure looks bigger then 2.5, thanks for the post. :thumbsup:
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    silly buggers
    pop a wheelie and you will be right
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I orded the hardparts wr125 tank today...is it the same one?

I was thinking about doing the old school boiling water trick to it and maybe get a little more range out of the expense. It should fit my 250f also who also needs more gas than stock.
  5. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I think they are the same. I found out how reserve works. Run out of fuel than lay the bike on it's left side...wait ten seconds then pick it up a have at it.
  6. cb250txc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is this a factory tank? I did not think the hard parts tank held that much? You have peaked my interest. Where did you get it from?
  7. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Let's see that sucker fitted up on the bike.
  8. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

tank

This is the factory tank for the new WR 150. Most likley the hard parts tank. Husky used parts that were laying around to make this bike. It saved them time and money. Maybe a completely new model in the next year or two?

Attached Files:

9. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Too bad about so much wasted space under the frame. I have no idea how flexible those plastics are or if this would even be possible but in my head I can imagine a tank where more of the underframe space was used for fuel and the tank had to be flexed to go on almost like a huge plastic clip, it would tank some pressure to push it down over the frame but would then "pop" on and have some of the space under the frame used for fuel. I'm sure there is some great reason that won't work but a guy can dream right?
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This to me looks like the factory 2010 wr125 tank. According to Bills , I believe the tank holds 2.35, and yes it has provisions for another petcock so a guy can really use ALL the gas. I just ordered mine 2 hours before reading this post. I think Bills has a couple left. If you order one from somewhere else I am told they are on backorder. I am also told the clarke aftermarket tank is at least 1 month away minimum. I did not want to wait so opted for the bigger tank (still not enough but better then 1.6.!!
  11. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

HA! ive been hearing the clarke is a month away since early this spring!
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i never had any problems with using all the fuel in this fuel tank with only one fuel tap.
    (wr125 with 144cc kit, supermoto wheels, road and track use)

r
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may not have needed the other petcock, but the way the 09 tank works, and does not get all the gas. And the fact husky made it so you can use 2, I figured why not. I then know for sure it will use ALL available gas!!