the new 449/511 efi settings

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by husky bom, Jan 29, 2011.

1. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

well the new 2011 te 449/511 are not using ibeat thay are using another setup bmw its all new ......so hear we go again new bikes and new software for adjusting ecu's....... will be using the husky software that has been given to the dealer to see what its like and what it will do will hook it up to a 511 and have a play

will post up my report on monday after we play
  2. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

The 449 and 511 use the better "IMHO" Kiehen efi that the Japanese are using. I am sure the tuner,if needed, will be like the ones used for the Jap bikes.
  3. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Just have to point out:D Mikuni is Japanese! Crazy Japanese peeps. They try to confuse us with their softwarez..... Ok, had a few PNW beers, I'll stop now. Maybe.
  4. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    OP Jan 29 and no follow up since? :(
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Now we are all waiting for Motosportz Kelly to get that JD magic box configured and for sale so we can dial and tweak as we ride.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My bike (TE511) is done with it's Dyno time and we (Motosportz) and JD have the 449/511 6X EFI tuner done and ready to go. Makes a major difference in power and how it runs even though it seems near perfect stock. Real nice product, I am impressed.

[IMG]
  7. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

We will be
    We will be shipping them next week and shipping is free. Check the post on the motosportz page here on cafe husky for more info.
  8. SAM511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 HUSQVARNA TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 HUSABERG 450 2014 HUSABERG 501
    Kelly,

My TE511
    Is it the idea that it has to be handlebar mounted for accessibility for changing the settings, or can it perhaps be mounted elsewhere, say under the seat. I suspect that once you have the settings you want you will not have to touch it ?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Exactly. Nice to have on the bars as you dial it in and it does indicate where you are in the map. EZ to tune while you ride and when your happy coil the wire under the seat and onto the other velcro there. Nice setup, flexible and best of all WORKS.