The new Beta 2 strokes...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just keeping up on the competition. Look like real nice bikes. Motors, although they look like a GG motor is said to be all Beta. Bet these are very good woods bikes.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Motors look to me to be heavily influenced by KTM. Same looking powervalve adjuster under the water pump. I'm also excited to see how they perform. If they are anything like their 4 strokes, they should be very nice bikes. Always cool to see new stuff regardless of who is putting it out.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Look very GG to me. Case reed is the big one. The GG is a great motor lots use and would be a good starting point for Beta.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The local dealer picked up Beta a year or so ago. They look really great in person. I think the back plastics look very KTMish. If nothing else, they seem to have a great build quality. Ive read a couple reviews on them but we all know of non orange fare lol. Another cool thing is that you can completely customize them while ordering. I played around with it and made a 10 or 11k supermoto lol
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Why can't Husky get new 250/300 2T going. Article I read, said Beta did it in 2 years from scratch....
    I may be on one of these at some point, if Husky doesn't get it together. I like my Husaberg, but Italians do it much better than the Austro-Swedes!
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Cycle world this month had an article on the new street legal 2 strokes from husky for 2014.
  7. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Very cool looking bikes:) MotoXotica gets new models in all the time. Cool to look at, but out of my price range.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Seriously, what is wrong with current 250 /300 engine ? I hear it is faster than a KTM of same size. Just put it into a frame similar to the 125 / 150.
    lankydoug and robertaccio like this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Seriously is correct ... I just got a 08 WR250 ... And a CR ignition for $hits and giggles ... I'm hoping to give my cool Husky 4T machines a little break from the trails and get back to bike riding as it was meant by our forefathers :)

CR ignition == Not looking to 4T my 2T (too much :) )
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nothing Husky couldn't improve by puttig the old 6 speed back in it. The 125 has been in the "new" frame for 5 model years ('09-'13) and Husky hasn't seen fit to put the 250/300 in it, so I doubt they will. Husky needs a case reed induction 250/300, that could easily be carb or FI as regs progress. You know Beta didn't spend 2 years developing a 2 stroke motor, that won't meet EC regs in a few years!

Just a personal preference... once you ride the newer Husky semi-perimeter frame, the older 250/300 frame isn't as good handling or ergonomics.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm hoping the frame in my 2010 TC250 will accept a 2T engine of some size in the future .... And a 6-spd gearbox is always nice to me ...
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That BETA is one good looking bike. I like everything about it except for the Sachs forks. I bet American Beta sells every single one of these they bring into NA.

I dont know why it is taking Husky so long to develop a new WR250/300? It isnt rocket science to design a new 2 stroke engine. Every 300 on the market is a square 72x72 design. The old WR250/300 is a joke. Yes. It is reliable, but the entire bike, not just engine is 15+ yrs old. And dont even get me on the topic of the kickstarter location.

I think this Beta will take some sales from GG and Husaberg this year.
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I don't think these bikes are a joke ... I doubt there are few people here who can get all these bikes have to offer a real rider ... But for the causal person who buys a bike, rides it on clear pretty days, keeps it a couple years and wants another new bike in the glossy magazines.. He probably wants a prettier bike than these hard-a$$ Huskies ...
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A suspension tuner I work with has played with these and said they are very good.

As for the WR250/300 husky and now BMW have chose to ignore it for some reason. It has never been a good seller even when it was semi current. Maybe that was the detractor for them? Just dont see a huge future and decided to wait in the all new DFI (once BMW got in the picture) thats my guess. The Italians ignored it and the Germans would rather wait until they have to (2014 DFI) :excuseme:
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you remember my old thread... This is Husky/BMW's giant marketing miscalculation! The 250/300 2 stroke is where the market is moving back to. for Joe average trail rider or race competitor... Good price, usable power, simple and cheap to maintain. I live in an area that was Japanese bike land, mainly Team Green. When they stopped building 2 strokes, most people went KTM 2 strokes after a brief try of Jap 4 strokes. One $2500 engine job finished most folks on KX250F's. Now they are on KTM 2 strokes with better components and longer engine life than a KX250 2 stroke ever dreamed of.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    bingo!!
    wait....Norm you have a MY12 TE250 Husaberg??
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

20yr old design. Weighs at least 10lbs more than a current KTM motor with e-start. Kickstarter is next to impossible for someone under 6ft tall to start. 5 speed tranny is screaming at 90km/h. Bike has towering seat height. I am 6ft tall and tip toe on it. I had an 06 WR250 and back then it was old. I ended up lowering it 1.5" just so it was rideable.

I have been told that the biggest reason for not putting it into a newer frame is because of the right side drive. The motor doesnt fit in any other chassis design.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I totally agree Norm but the WR line has always be a slow seller even when semi fresh. I bet the bean counters looked at the history of sales and decided they would concentrate on 4 strokes that are selling. They have done so well racing the X-lights thats where all the effort goes. IMHO.
  19. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    That Beta is going to be the ticket but, for my money the WR250 with certain little changes will do anything asked of it. I have had 5 now of the Husky 2-strokes and even after trying KTM and Husa's i still remain with the WR's, they are easier to set up and dial for handling than the KTM although the 2008 550 Husaberg is probably the best trail fun bike ever made. I would like to see them put in a sixth gear but if not i'll be getting a new one this year anyway, 125cc built to 144c. The mention of overhaul costs will be an ongoing thread hence the 2-stroke reawakening. It is too bad that Andrews doesn't have a 2-stroke rider on the team. He will next yr. when Beta's smoker hit the docks, or rather he had better or get further behind the curve.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm under 6' tall and I can start Husky 2T machines ... Are we men or mice? ... boys or girls? ... Some one needs to check himself to be sure he(?) actually has a pair ...

I hate those 1965 GTOs ... they are so outdated ... They even have drive shafts going to the rear wheels ...
    rasputin, 454x, Vinduro and 1 other person like this.