The Official "when Will Joe Gibbs Dump Bubba" Thread.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by krieg, Feb 12, 2012.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    My crystal ball is murky, but I think it could be possible Gibbs may dump Bubba before then end of the season... ? :thinking:
  2. Geno Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    not anymore
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 tm 250en,300mx 07 250fen,13 450en
    you just like to stir the pot
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Moi? :D
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I think they're happier than we want believe.... He gets a win, he gets on the podium. Isn't this more than JGR has ever done? I never thought JS could function in this NASCAR based team set up.... maybe it's good for him. JS is still a putz, lots of talent, but no heart.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

All everyone talks about is JS and JGR. Whether he wins another race all the people are watching and talking about them. Their sponsors are getting their name out as JS is still splashed all over every mag regardless of how he finishes.
  6. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

All I know is that the Bubba Dump Crash Company sure does keep all eyes & cameras on him, as you know something interesting will happen. As long as he behaves himself and doesn't go all Kyle Busch, he should be fine.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    He's a drawing card ... He'll always have a ride ....
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Until he hits the next rough set of whoops and flips off of his ride... again. :lol:
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think they will dump yamaha before bubba. I just wonder how long it is before he doesn't get back up after one of his crashes.
    jmetteer and robertaccio like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Thats what I get worried about, he's a prime candidate for permanent injury, with his do or die style (push further and further until you win, place or crash.....super Sic style). The guy sure draws the crowd in and the publicity that surrounds him is powerful for sponsor cash. I'm praying for the guy to think a little more with the racer brain and not the racer wrist (or in the case of car racers the foot).
    I remember seeing a fun photo of Gerhard Berger (Ferrari F1) with a bunch of lead ballast weights duct taped to his right foot.

PS I think also James' engineering/crew chief folks need to study his dynamics on the bike and help him to keep the bike under him. He may not be a good set up pilot, in that case he needs a strong team to get him dialed (this JGR team seems good for that). The cg of the YZ seems to be a little different (it is with its unique config)and they are close at what looks like the front end being settled, but he was oversteering like crazy with back slides and no straight forward drive without lurid slides. Just my take.
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone remember Magoo? Both the Bubba Dump Crash Company and Magoo had a win or crash riding style........One ended up in a wheelchair, one could be headed that way......(though I hope not).
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    exactly.
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I believe James has transcended moto racing to a certain extent. I would not say he's become bigger than the sport, but there are a lot of people that know JS, but don't know sh*t about racing or motos. Most of the other high level SX/MX'ers are not even close to being a household name. This is worth something to Toyota and the other sponsors, that's one of the reasons he get's paid.

There are not many pro athletes that can manage both the fame side and the staying focused side. It's pretty hard to fake it out there on the track and everybody is a critic. It seems like a dream job and it is, but it's so hard to stay psyched and focused, especially when other doors start opening. And then there's always a new crop of youngsters trying to knock you down. I still think he could win the overall....

On another similar subject. I'm not a huge CR fan, but I'm very impressed with his racing while he's added a bunch of other aspects of the team to his plate. There's so much back beat going on, something seemingly as simple as getting everything to the venue is in the background noise of that guys head and tons of other distractions that are not about going fast for 20 laps. That dude knows how to focus when the gate drops and juggle a bunch of balls at the same time.
  14. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I've noticed that he does not turn in great practice times or heat races, but come main time, there he is.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Stew seems to be content without winning a race now ... he even lost a heat race i think ... Still a big drawing card for sure though ...

he'll get another win this season ... but he's not gunning for RV1 and vise versa .... They might get together and play some out there but RV1 is not gonna loss a championship over him ....
  16. HuskyT Moderator

Bubba keeps crashing or stalling... TC41 is out, CR 22 now out.... that only leaves Dungey as the only real challenger to RV... Maybe Weimer but he's to green to challenge RV seriously...

T
    mnb likes this.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    If I was Joe Gibbs, I'd be kicking myself in the ass and calling myself a moron.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why the internet is achatter about them, heck there's an entire thread right here :D
    lankydoug likes this.
  19. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sources have told me bubba is pouting a little, he is used to getting all of the attention and pampering with in a team and Gibbs believes in the team concept, that no one person is above anyone else other than the normal management pecking order.
    By the same token, he is not regarded the mac daddy in the media either.
    He still has his speed and I fully expect him to reel off a few wins, possibly starting this weekend at Atlanta.
    GP
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Might be some truth here ... he's been a crybaby not too long ago about the MXdN slots and that bump-and-stall last week really did not look like a PRO racer putting forth much of a effort ... Looked more like me on a trail ride ...

RV1 will play with him if he comes along side him in a main event... I'm OK with js7 as long as he does not start taking out lead riders ...