The Ridge @ Springville, Alabama

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by BadMotoWeazal, Jun 29, 2010.

1. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been there several times and did one race there. It's a good place and like the name suggest, it's on a ridge so all of the riding is up or down. Great challenging single track but it helps to have someone with you that knows the place as it can be difficult to find the good stuff.

My favorite thing about The Ridge is no matter how much it's rained it is a great place to ride. Even when it's raining. Other places can be a muddy nasty mess but The Ridge has sandy mountainous soil so it really gets better with water.

Good place :thumbsup:
  3. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You're right about that, if it has rained or is raining the Ridge is the place to be. After all roots, rocks & sand don't make mud. I videoed some great rain riding out there a couple of weeks ago, but I had downloaded a new firmware to my camera & all the Vid was upside down.
    I used to complain about the Ridge a lot because I thought it was a good place to break a collarbone or femur, but it has grown on me again. Maybe we could get together & ride sometime, I mess around with a bunch of A & B Senior & Vet guys, it's all good. I also have a couple of top secret places to ride if you can learn the password to the "Speak Easy" :cool:

4. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm good with secrets:thumbsup: I'm like a M.I.B :cool: