1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

The spark of life!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by tommytwostroke, Jun 1, 2011.

1. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Just been on my bike twice this year since my total left knee replacement in Nov. of 2010, thought I would see how it felt before a foray into the deep woods of the Lytton B.C. riding area. Just to send anyone a vote of confidence for the outcome of the surgery here are my words; Wow, Gees, Wicked, I feel as though there is no bike beneath me, tireless, balanced.....etc. It is amazing being able to use both legs for stability through the tight single track.

Anyways..... to the meaning of the title; I ended up riding at this area two weekends ago and was having the time of my life, new knee gift from above, when during this wet mild day my 125 decided to stop running 17K into the bush after a few airbox deep creek crossings. Thinking that I must have sucked something into the carb I continued with the obvious troubleshooting tricks: carb-water(drain bowl), jets-plugged(disassemble carb) Fuel-contaminated-on reserve Spark plug - fouled (clean- check) nothing seemed to be the fix. Pushed, pulled (with the help of riding buds) bike 17k back to camp which took 5 hrs to do. Got home, exhausted left bike alone for a day. Washed bike did the whole process all over again with fresh gas clean filter and still nothing. Last chance, Spark Plug. Went to local automotive nobody has BR9EG ordered plugs and waited for 4 days for delivery. Meanwhile I am stressed, sad ready to start bad mothin Huskies around the world when I get a call the plugs are in. Fingers crossed i collect my life givers and head home to put one in my steed. Well wouldn`t you know it! Bike fires right up with a small stutter then cleans right out. Bingo! To think that I never thought of getting new spare plugs for my new 2 stroke after riding for 3 years on my YZ250 with spare plugs in my vest and in my tool box. I felt like such a fool. My friends had no spare plugs as well. complacencey is a bitch. Never again will I travel without a spare plug taped to my forehead!
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If you have one you'll probably never need it and if you need it you won't have it. It's part two of Murphy's rule.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yeah, I know how that goes. I always carry a spare for every bike and never need one....but just wait till I forget to carry one![IMG]
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    its the little things....lol

pull yer ingition cover and give it a cleaning/drying. seen water get in there on all kinds of bikes, cause erratic issues then clear themselves up later.... only to find the ignition is corroded etc farther down the road...which reminds me......

grats on the comeback!
  5. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    pull yer ingition cover and give it a cleaning/drying. seen water get in there on all kinds of bikes, cause erratic issues then clear themselves up later.... only to find the ignition is corroded etc farther down the road...which reminds me......

grats on the comeback!

I agree with pvduke

Had this happen to my old Cr250, cost me a bomb in cash to replace ignition system. The bad thing is knew better at the time and did nothing about it, so fool me with the additional cost for being such a d*#kh#*d
  6. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    sn,t the terrain that got my bike, or the water. Must have bumped the the spark plug and bent the connector maybe causing the porcelain to fracture a tiny bit. P.S. Onion is a riders dream, you just need to know where your going!

Cheers! P.P.S. Don't ride in Squamish, B.C. if you think Onion is hard!