the transition from G450 to TE449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Nov 12, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    It is in the mill that Lettenbichler and Kirssi will both be retiring the G450 beemers and be riding on Husky 449s for the extreme enduro scene.
  2. foxinredsox Husqvarna
    A Class

instead of Letti and Krisi, they should buy blazusiak. but i think again wrong decision, like the situ with mx rider ken roczen.

i really want husky to start making more noise about all of what they have reached, you know it, i know it (all husky guys who are interested on the brand) but husky has to get more new customers. ktm is really good with that!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well we had that guy in our camp (Scot Harden) and he was pushed out or left. :banghead:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Changing off that ride only makes good sense and moving to the 449 sounds like more good sense ...
  5. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    KTM can keep Taddy, he's a self centered ego hound only good at sprint stuff. Put him in an endurance setting and he's crap. DK puts the whooping on him regularly in hare scramble/GNCC type events. Taddy shines at the extreme shoot and prey for the best type obstacles, not physical endurance where Simo is very good. I think Letti does pretty good for a part timer/privateer too at a much cheaper price tag then Taddy would want to command.
  6. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Smokers

They are on the 2-Strokes not the TE449 according to Enduro News this morning. Letti from Germany is the man to watch.:):):)
  7. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Fox, somewhat unrelated to this thread but I see in your sig/profile you have a new TC449. Details my friend, details! I'm very curious to know how that bike compares to Japanese MX bikes and if it is comparable and a viable option or still a touch behind the pack.

Thanks!
  8. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi guys

I have sold a couple of TE 449 an my customers are realy pleased with that bike.

And Husqvarna are pushing realy hard. I dont think KTM isnĀ“t so pleased. I think we have a onother view here in Europe. Everything is going the right direction. Ofcourse ther always wil be som problem ahead. But thats normal.

Please wait and see.

/ Best regards Klas
  9. Steam Husqvarna
    B Class

as i write this letti is racing the roof of africa on a husky wr300. should be a good machine to give chris birch and his ktm 300xc-w a run for his money. letti got lost once already, like last year, but not as bad, and has done a pretty good job making up the time.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Miles per tank? Distance between fuel stops?

:confused:
  11. Steam Husqvarna
    B Class

Attached Files:

12. Steam Husqvarna
    B Class

letti takes third:

27th November 2010
    17.45-
    Preliminary Topten Racing Overall (still no liability assumed):
    1. Birch (KTM), 18:25,24
    2. Gutzeit (Yamaha), 18:43,34
    3. Lettenbichler (Husqvarna), 19:05,57
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  14. Steam Husqvarna
    B Class

here is a trailer showing some bits of the terrain.

although it passes by in an instant, there's a shot of a rider entering "keyhole pass." to make it, you have to loft the front wheel for a ways so your bars clear the sides of the wedge-shaped opening. the full length film shows a guy who didn't make it straddling his front wheel, feet about fender height, facing backwards, trying to free his bars and yank his bike through... a lot more energy that way!

chris birch said "it's rocks, rocks, and more rocks... small rocks on top of larger rocks on top of boulders on top of slate rocks." i think 58km out there is an a$$ kicker. the ones who are too far behind and caught by nightfall are gathered up by the bush people, taken in for the night, and led back to their bikes in the morning to head in.

there's a photo on the roof website of letti ghost looping his bike at the finish. i'm guessing he'd had enough. he does have a bit of an "aggressive" personality and displays it on the course.