1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc The WR125 had its first real test

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jsleeper, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Two weekends ago my wife, sister, and all our kids met up with some friends to ride. I changed the jets on my wife's WR125 and right when I was about to hand her the bike, she says: "Do you need to test ride it to make sure it is fine?" For about a second I thought about telling her, "no I just changed the pilot jet." But I could not resist a quick ride on the bike. So, I hopped on the bike and headed out with 3 other guys all on KTM 4ts (1 250f, and 2 450f). The quick ride turned into about an hour of hard charging (and almost running out of gas on the little bike).

I was so pleased with the WR's performance. It killed everyone in the tight stuff and was buzzing around on the open flowing trails. After we were done riding the guys I rode with said, "you ride that fast...are you shifting it nonstop?" (as they were panting and dripping with sweat). I hopped of the WR looked them in the face and said, "I was just test riding it for my wife, when do you guys want to push it?" OK. I did not really say that, but should have.

We went out again later that day. This time on my TC250. I am faster on the TC250 (no surprise), but did not feel as good as I did when riding my wife's micro motored bike alongside all these thumpers.

Oh yeah...and the WR has 82 hours on it with only a ring change.

JSleeper
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I can relate - I am faster on the TE 250 but miss the 125 - you are lucky youve kind of got both
    I find the 4T quicker in twisty stuff though - maybe the wr is quicker when you have lots of obstacles and trees
    I think a Cr125 for the occasional track ride and a TE 250 for the trails would be my ideal set up
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Fun story, JS! The thing that really blows me away about the little WR is how effortless it is to ride. Yeah, you have to pay more attention to what you're doing than when riding the big bikes, but everything is so smooth and easy.
    I dig the 1-finger brake action and have to remind myself to use 2 fingers on the clutch or else my previously-injured finger will hurt later. I would probably be faster on the 250, too, but at this stage of my riding life it's all about the fun factor, which the 125 has in huge bunches [IMG]
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice post! They can hook ya!