1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc the WRE is back!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gazmcfaza, May 5, 2013.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    Heloooo everyone. I got my wre 125 back after two months of it being in the garage. It's now got a new oil pump, air filter, vertex piston I think, cleaned carb and up sized jets as it's got a full dep pipe on it now. I got told to run or break it in for 400/500 miles, but that seems a bit high to me, I've done 100 miles on it already, warming it up for 5/6 mins before pulling away, never letting it rev high enough to open powervalve, only up to 40 mph in fourth gear. Seems a lot looser than it was when I first got it back, guessing I've done 8 to 10 hours on the new top end. I didn't ask the guys at the garage about it but I've read the ktm exc and sms husky's can have upwards of 30 hp when they are tuned up, not as much as the wr or the cr but still more than the 15 hp they supposedly come out the factory with [wre's are around that new I am told] So, does anyone have any idea how much power my engine would have, and at the back wheel, even rough figures, and how long should I really break the top end in for? 280420131147.jpg
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    you've got 8 to 10 hours on it

In my opinion its broken in for the last 7 hours already

check your plug if it is not to lean and go for it

I would not know what a de restricted WRE would make in HP but close to 30 would be fair I guess.

Enjoy your ride.

Robert-Jan
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I agree with R-J

Two heat cycles, one easy ride, varying the speed and load, and it's broke in. Your bike was broke in 80 miles ago.
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    X2, your good to go:)
  5. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    did what you all said, been riding it hard for three more hours now, WAY more fun when the powervalve opens :D is it normal to get loads of spoogey black oil out the pipe over the swingarm? Because my standard pipe never did that
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    You have a new oil pump it might that the setting is to rich
    better to rich then to lean but when it getting in the crazy amount try to tweak a bit on the oil pump till it is acceptable

Robert-Jan
  7. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Awesome news Gaz ! A derestriced WRE is good fun isnt it?? When i rebuilt my top end i run it in for 50 miles changing up before the power valves opened and also letting it warm up for a good 5-10 mins( i still let it warm up for that time even after 2000 km's) and then started giving it stick......i found that after about another 100km's it got a little faster and more responsive, if you haven't already and don't need the top end so much stick a 50tooth rear sprocket on it and enjoy the acceleration :cheers:
  8. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    it was derestricted when I first got it two years ago but the dep pipe makes it so much better, it's done about 20 hours now and going so well! I always warmed it up and still do, like I idle and blip for 6 mins, pull away, then ride slow for 2/ 3 miles before giving it power, the mechanic said that's why so many two strokes give in because people cold ride them hard. I think my gearing atm is perfect, I can hold 60 easily in 5th then get up to 80 in 6th, but my chain sprockets are a year and a half old now, so I found this kit from my cagiva w8, I only used it for like, a week? It says its a 39 back tooth and it's got 13 on the front so I dunno what that;ll be like if it fits. 50 tooth rear, wouldn't that mean higher top end or am I doing that backwards?? anyway I just took it out for 20 miles, kept up with a bandit 600 around the country lanes :D he went around the speed bumps I went over them :D how fast do you reckon yours does 0 to 60 and what's the top end??
  9. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
  10. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    39 rear tooth sprocket thats very small ( the smaller the rear sprocket the better the top end but you loose acceleration)
    Mine will sit nicely at 60mph but i have had 83mph but thats screaming it lots ! (i only have a 5 speed box on mine :( )
    Awesome stuff 0-60 i'd say somewhere around 5 secs ( not timed it as such just counting in my head.......i can just about manage to count to 6 so all's good lol) top end......i didn't want to push it any more than 135kph (83 mph ) as it was screaming lots!!!
    As for the 2t oil.........the one i use is Putoline MX5 its about £11 a ltr but i won't scrimp on oil, also i've found my WRE prefer's normal unleaded rather than the V power i was running it on as it is smoother through the rev range.
  11. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Oh also 1 tooth bigger on the front is eqivalent to 3 teeth smaller on the rear