The writing on the wall?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Chilly, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, interesting times. I have no issues with them expanding into the street bike market with upgraded BMW designs but they also need to make sure they upgrade and move forward Husky off road big time. I think it is coming. I think we will see brand new and much improved DFI 2 strokes in the next few years. Tough times for pretty much all motorcycle manufactures. The economy seems to be creeping forward instead of the massive slide backwards finally and we will see if this makes for increased sales. It's a tough biz and we will see how much fortitude BMW has for husky to move forward. I hope they stick with it in a big way.
  3. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Time to look elsewhere...Beta? Gas GAs? Husaberg?
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Could be very sad times ahead indeed if bmw decides to focus on street models and lets their already existing offroad segment grow old and die. :(
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just this weeken at Round 1 of the National Hare and hound race All the big Motorcycle companies were there EXCEPT HUSKY No Husky in the top 10 and soon the results will be out and I beleive no Husky in the top 20. But there was a sea of Orange ,Red and Green
    With many a past Zip Ty Racing/husky rider in the top 10 with Kamo in 3rd on a Honda and Nic Burson on his new Kaw ride at 10th overall
    BUT not to worrie because Husky is going to host another weeken ride at Ransberg near Ridgecrest Ca
    Where all the employee can ride Dual Sport bikes Maybe they can talk about the old days when husky won races. Because the future looks grim.
    Since ex Husky rider Nic just lives down the road from the event maybe he should stop by and show off his new Green ride. Then if some of the Dual Sporters want to venture into the desert he could
    show them the way
    Why is it every few years Husky trys to make a comeback only to show progress and then change course.Just look at what has happened to Husky in the last 10 years.We were all looking foward
    to the return of Husky But now a street bike please give me break.Well at least we all know BMW CAN NOT BUILD A DIRT BIKE They needed Husky to help them save there beloved dirt bike .
    So in return the thanks we get is a Street Bike
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    In return you got the 449/511... so far.

BMW is using their street expertise to boost market awareness of the Husky brand. I wouldn't think the sky is falling just yet.

The street bikes aren't all that different from what BMW makes. BMW bought Husky for a reason and duplicating their street line with a different badge isn't going to bring in lots of money. Husky heritage is off road and BMW realizes this.
    510 SM SC, water racer and Parfo79 like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    IMHO that was a great start. Should have been followed up by a all new WR250/300 in 2011.
    shawbagga and Parfo79 like this.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    When the government outlaws off-road bikes, only outlaws will ride off road... and I'll be one of 'em! :thumbsup:
    columbia510, john01, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  9. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    I was @ 1st NHH this weekend just cruising around watching the race. Your Comment about the Sea of Orange is not an under statement!
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yeah, not good article. I posted over on TT to see if anyone is racing the 449/511. Think I got 2 actual racers to respond, But awesome reviews from trail riders. What's weird is tons of new 310's/250's. It's Like racers staying away from the new style? Is it the BMW black eye? I think it is still a good bike but fuel capacity/weight is issue. But Nic sure won with it! What's wrong with running around with a clip board or sending a questionaire out, asking what we want? Then build it and we will come! If you want to pull the rug out. Take the advertising dollars, part of contingency and throw a bike/some dollars to every top AA rider in each district, national levels. It has to be a good bike and not left over, let's make a deal parts (outdated zokes, kyb's). It is called the bleed down effect. Instead of pushing forward let's back up and trim,trim,trim/bleed. I think Suzuki is doing the same while KTM is pushing forward to end up on the map. Look at Honda/Kawasaki, they are into all sorts of things that stemmed from this industry. They know how to grow market share. Husqvarna would be ripe for the picking for Toyota. I spent 10 years in Chicago getting about 30 locations out of bankruptcy. You sneak up on your competitors, regroup, rebuild and pull the rug out. Sound like the auto business, years ago to current? Just my thoughts. So let's wait and see I guess from a loyal Husky owner.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I was told that by 2014 every Husky off road model would be a "new" bike. This was from a Husky NA employee....
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Guys this is why I bought a 2010 GasGas 300 as much as I like my 2 Huskys. Guess my next bike will be a 2012 GasGas! The new improter for GG NA is on the GG site all the time, asking us questions, answering our questions, and the 2012 USA GasGas line up is for the most part what we as riders asked for. NO reason Husky can't do the same.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Sure hope so Norm. Unless their idea of new is a purple frame/chartreuse rims re-make of the same old WR250/300.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well, John I can certainly see a GG in my future if Husky lays an egg with the "new" 250/300 2T. I don't feel quite the need for the 200 as my 165 runs so good. But I still want a big bore in the new frame with a button.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he is even buying stuff from me :D will be working on more GG stuff shortly.

Come on Husky, we want more.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scot Harden use to come on and inter act with the Husky fan base .Lets see he is no longer there and no one has come around to see what we want since then.As much as I do not like orange you have to admit they are delivering what is asked for
    As for the 250/310 that is what is raced the most the 449/511 is a trail bike dual sport .If that is not true why doesent the Far Team race one. Nic Burson was the only pro ridder i know of who raced one
    Plus as part of his contract he had to do the big 6 gran prix and the enduro on it.Those 2 types of races are close to GNCC but no one races one in GNCC
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I hope this considers the X-Lite based bikes as 'new.'
  18. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funny, I remember when I had my first KTM back in 99. It wasn't great, but a decent bike. When I would go out to the races, I would always make a point to stop and talk to the two other guys that had KTM's. Got to start somewhere. It was a sea of green in those days.
  19. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    The rumours I have heard from from a dealer I know who visited the factory late last year are as follows.2013 New all new 2T design with new frames,DI,Button etc. 2013 4T 449/511 new frame with X-lite motor & an option on ABS.
    Fingers crossed, as they are only rumours. The biggest thing he did say is that the R&D are working on a number of massive projects & the security surrounding the department is unheard of for a Motor cycle company.
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia