1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Thinking about buying a WR300...what's it worth?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by avc8130, Aug 24, 2013.

1. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I'm thinking about picking up a WR300. I found one about 2 hours from my house. 2010 model that the owner claims he bought new in Feb 2013. Suspension has been revalved and we are similar weights. Radiator guards, skid plate and hand guards already installed. He says it has ~30 hours on it.

What's it worth?

ac
  2. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    There was a 2010 300 continually listed on craigslist for 4500 for like 6 months with almost exact same addons. Seller lowered to 4k then finally for3800 and finally it was gone at that price.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    To me and me only, that 4k number is about all any 250cc dirt bike is worth ... Of course, I'm stuck in the 70s ...

--
    A 2010 WR300 is not perfect but should be a hard-as-nails woods machine ... At least my 02 CR250 was and my current 08 WR250 machines are hard bikes...

My 08 WR250 100_0025.JPG
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/4012769752.html

Wow I was on CL yesterday morning wasting some time and saw this bike listed. If this is the bike your talking about, you should take a look at it and take a stab at negotiating something with him. If the bike is real and you want it it doesn't hurt to try.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I own a 2012 WR300. I bought it new and I got it at a great price from the dealer. If I was looking to sell it right now, I wouldnt be taking any low ball offers because I know what this bike is capable of and I know that they are very difficult to buy/find at the moment. If I was looking to buy one right now, Id be on the phone quick and going to Jersey to look at this bike. I think anything under $4000, you're doing alright-maybe because I am partial to this bike. Ive paid a little too much in the past for bikes I really wanted haha. But where is the line drawn for a used bike when haggling over a price? Im guessing he listed it for $4000 because he wants some room for haggling. Thats what I usually do. I have sold 3 bikes on Craiglslist so far.
    Good luck and I hope the sale works out. The WR is a beast.
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    image.jpg
    My WR...
    I think maybe it stands for "Woods Rapist" haha. It does so well in the woods.
  7. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    That be the one. I'm apprehensive for a few reasons:
    1. KBB shows $3400 as the "retail" value and "trade in" value of $2300. Generally on street bikes I try to be between those 2 when dealing with a private individual.
    2. A dealer by me was selling BRAND NEW 2013 for $5100 last week. He sold the last one before I called.
    3. I see a sponsoring dealer in CA is selling a 2010 demo, they are asking $3495.

I'm not sure if the WR300 is the "right' bike for me, so I am trying to tread lightly and pick it up for a price I could sell it on for if I don't appreciate it.

ac
  8. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Another question:

Is the 2010 a "good" model year? I think it has the newer Kayaba forks, but not the Ducati ignition of the current models?

ac
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Have you ridden a big-bore 2t bike? They can be a beast and if you notice, this guy selling the bike says just that as his reason for selling.. Plus he has dressed the bike up some before he figured out that bike was gonna eat him up if he keeps riding it ... Pretty typical of a bike owner in the states .. I like buying bikes someone dresses up and breaks in for me and gets the kinks out of the bike and discounts it ~40% ...

Don't buy the bike expecting to get your money back in the short haul ...And bike riding season is starting to end due to winter in many places making selling even harder till next spring ...

Not sure if the ignition does anything really positive for the bike ... Someone else might have info on that question ...
  10. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I've ridden my buddy's KTM. From what I read the Husky is a bit more of a beast. I'm coming from a CRF450X.

I agree about not buying a dirt bike new. I have every intention of scratching and crashing so clearly the depreciation is tough if you start from the dealer floor. It's also tough since in the states the Huskyies seemed to sell for $2k less than MSRP. That usually means the used bikes depreciate HARD.

I do appreciate the accessories, I don't like a modern bike without those items for my riding.

ac
  11. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Personally, i would grab that bike in a hearbeat. Your not going to able to find them soon at all. Pretty soon they will just be a red version of an orange bike. And they are just amazing bikes. Best undiscovered secret out there.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You already had one pass you by. Ask him how much he's actually looking to get for it and work from there. I wouldn't let another bike go :)
  13. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  14. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
  15. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I would guess $3-400. I bought my 300 from geoff. Hes a good guy and knows huskys inside and out. I would give him a call promptly on Tuesday if your serious when they open up. Doubt that thing lasts more than a couple days at that price if its not spoken for already.
  16. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none

The 13's don't come with lights, right?

ac
  17. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Mine is an 09 and comes with a box of. Misc parts to switch back and forth. I bet it does actually
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    2011 came with them (at least mine did). I have heard conflicting reports about 2012 and up as to whether they had the lighting kit included or not.
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    With the Ducati ignition, American models were supposedly not to be shipped with lights but some have slipped thru. I bought a 12 300 with no light and a buddy of mine bought a 250 sitting right next to it with a light on. Both came from the same shipment.
  20. avc8130 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    What's the deal with the Ducati ignition? I know the 2010 I am looking at will NOT have the Ducati ignition. Is the upgrade expensive?

The local NJ dealer installs lights on all WR's he sells and plates them. Unfortunately he sold out.

ac