Thinking of trying a track.....

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by B-Turbo, Aug 12, 2013.

1. B-Turbo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Honda bikes
    I am new to using this bike and still getting used everything my husky has to offer. I am real curious of trying it on a track. Ive never ridden in any kind of race or been on a track before.

Im looking for a track to try close/around hudson valley area of New York. I love riding my bike on the backroads and taking corners low as I can, for my level. Im not the best rider because Ive only been riding bikes for 4 years now. I am just real interesting and checking things out.

Anyone got ideas for me on where to begin and how?

Thanks,

B
  2. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Penguin racing school
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Talk to the guys over at supermoto junkie. There are a few guys racing amateur sumo over there. Also, I know there is a club called New York Sportbike. Theyre pretty chill and cool guys. I believe they still do track days at Pocono. If they have a "Pocono East" course track day, that would be more technical and less straight stretches, plus it runs counter clockwise which makes it a little more fun on the back brake.
    Another track to look into would be PIRC which used to be called Beaverun. Its a bit of a drive-Pittsburg area, but they have a kart track which they use for supermoto. Youtube it.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There used to be a track day club called redduc. It was cheaper than the rest and they had smaller groups. You could always ask what track may be best. You can also check out East Coast Supermoto and do a day with them, if nothing else meet up at a kart track and have someone to ride with
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow I havent heard "redduc" in a long time. I dont know if theyre even around anymore.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah my info is probably a little dated, haven't lived there in 9 years lol
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im gonna guess...I think I know why you're in Colorado Springs...
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I've been out for a few years. Just hanging around until we figure out where we want to be
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool. Well thank you..
    from a brother over on the East Coast.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. B-Turbo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Honda bikes
    awesome guys thanks for the help. just looking to learn more aboot these bikes and how use it to a more full potential. Ive been thinking aboot this for awhile. just hard to make the commitment.