Thinking we have got Mission Accomplished/Sons Bike Old Gas

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Jimmy250, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    The New Ethanol Gas is crazy bad for bikes! Just stepped son up to a TTr 90-(I know is not a Husky! All in due time). Bike had sat for a few years as a friends son outgrew it! Wow this carb was terrible, 4 weeks of messing with it, cleaning it out, Taking it apart, soaking it, Replacing Jets, parts, replacing the petcock, float bowl gasket etc. And lets not forget the $100 co-pay at the ER to get the Carb Cleaner Flushed from my eye!! I guess we all should be using a Stabilizer of some sort I am worried for my EFI in the husky for over the winter months! Just Thought I would Share my experience! He is Buttoning it back up! Vince working on bike 1.JPG Vince working on bike.JPG
  2. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    I use sta-bil marine for storage of fuel.Its great he helps with his bike.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Another vote for the Stabil Marine (blue formula). I use it in all my bikes. I also drain the carb on the bike after I come home from a ride.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Sta bil marine x3!
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    add stabilizer and drain in the winter. sitting for a few years on a tiny carb is death with ethanol.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  6. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    ok I will check out the blue Sta bil, I have used the red one for years but will give the blue a look! thx! All!
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The blue one is best for attacking the ethanol in fuel. I've got a big bottle of red that I've just been overdosing on my old cars I don't drive much.
  8. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the kids' bikes, I drain the fuel from the carb after every ride. Happily, they have a handy screw-valve to do this. I grab my tupperware dish, drain the fuel into it, and dump it into the gas tank. The small bikes with their tiny jet sizes will clog up after just a few weeks. I wish my full-size bikes had a valve like this, because I would do the same thing for them. It's just so messy to drain via the main jet access nut.