Thoughts on Malcolm Stewart?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Motosportz, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Breathe of fresh air! Finally someone with some personality.

The kids legit too and only getting better.
    jmetteer likes this.
  3. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I think he'll do well. His size(185lb) & riding style, likes to lug the motor, didn't suit the 250f. It'll be fun when him & Bubba can go at it at the end of a race. He stated somewhere that Bubba cuts through the pack like a knife, him like a sledgehammer. Plus he'll be on 450 for SX next year.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I'm happy to see him doing so well. Like PC said, finally someone with some personality. His interviews are pretty entertaining. It was cool to see him go after Villopoto at Buds Creek. Even if poto did square him up and tee off an corner or two later. At least he is trying to mix it up with the big boys.
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I got to see him and all the guys race at Budds Creek this year and he looked very good on the 450. My oldest grandson had a pit pass and ended up talking with him for fifteen minutes or so and got some cool pics with him. He said " PaPa Malcolm is cool and wanted to know what I rode and stuff". One of the guys that works for me said his kid had the same experience with him last year so he has at least two fans and growing :applause:.
    sabortooth and ray_ray like this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    He seems like a big, overgrown ~20 yr old kid to me ... Always laughing and grinning and not taking himself or life too seriously (AKA -- He checked his ego at the door) ...

He sticks in nose in there with the top guns on occasion and will do OK at this level ... Plus has the time to easily win more MX championships than js7 ... but not until RV2, RD5 are outta juice ... Then he can battle JB51 and a few others for the titles in the future ...

--
    Redbud was some serious racing ...
  7. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I've been enjoying his contribution to the 450 outdoors this year. And ya, he seems like a really nice kid. Always smiling as mentioned.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Like everyone has been saying, he has been coming along nicely. I think his riding style fits the 450 class and he will do well.
  9. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

He's fresh and something different, and I like that. The cool thing is that he's still has a little more in the tank and I think he'll get a little better and finish higher as long as he can stay healthy.
  10. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    He probably has a little more in the tank at 20yrs old than Bubba did. If you watch any of the old mx videos with JS7 in them, Malcom was in the background going fishing or just being a kid. He didnt get burnt out at such a early age as some and I think this contributes to his relaxed personality.
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    He's gonna get there.