1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Throttle mod from Mikuni nr4 to nr5.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello guys. My son has a WR 125 2008 and he has my Mikuni TMXX from my 300 on it. We use the CHY needle in it, and it,s a bit rich in the middle, and it cuts out the sparkplug if he doesn,t clean it out every now and then. I have needle in leanest clip so i have thoughts of modify the throttle to a number 5. Does anyone know how deep the cut is on the nr 5 throttle compared to the nr4?
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    number 5 is leaner 0>1/4 throttle you can grind back using a small flap sander in a drill press, but will not effect 1/2 throttle for that you will need smaller main or fatter needle.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i know the jetting principles, but when he is using very light throttle in the woods it clogs up. i would prefer to use a needle that is slightly less tapered likeCFY16-62 instead of CHY that bludders at middle throttle too. The question is how much i should cut off from the throttle.

Johnny
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    ok, i thought your prob was mid throttle, i would try a number six or grind out your number four approx 1mm all round as per above you can always raise needle if you find it too lean.i have a 25 pilot in my tmx and wii be going even smaller but high temperatures here.when i get chance i am going to do some experiments with needle profiles in relation with pv and throttle opening positions.hope this helps, good luck .

john
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, so 1mm is the right amount then? I have the needle in leanest clip at almost zero degrees and it,s still too rich. I,ll try to file it a bit. Thanks!

Johnny