Thursday night MX season opener, TC250 Helmet cam video...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jmetteer, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Here are the videos from the opening night of the TNMX series at PIR in Portland Oregon... I rode the 30+ Jr class and had a really good night. I will let the video's tell the story.

Practice... Sketchy.[IMG]
    [IMG]

Moto 1
    [IMG]

Moto 2

[IMG]

Later,
    ozzie, WHITEROCKET5.9 and Motosportz like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad you finally posted this. Nice work buddy. :thumbsup: Not bad for a slow bike everything else is supposed to peel the stickers off of. You must be an MX ninja to win on that POS. :) those guys got beat by the skinny kid on the slow odd bike. Love it.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The shadow rider was close.....[IMG]
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great job man!![IMG]
  5. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Nice job!
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks guys, I doubt all the races will be that easy...

I guess the announcer said " is that, why its a husky folks! " [IMG]

Later,
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Those darn slow TC 250's! You were going so slow it gave the optical illusion that you passed everyone and pulled away from the pack. You need to get a fast Jap bike so you can win! [IMG]
  8. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    COOL! the image is so clear,good job!
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow ... I can tell that you have been practicing... :) ... Good work and you are eating that track up ...

Hows the forks working? I don't hear any bottoming out on the video ... at the 3:08 mark, looks like came up a little short in that rhythm section and took a hard hit but only a bobble on landing and the bike went straight ...

Moto 2: Home boy almost took U out on the starting line ..probably an accident and just racing? Nice move at the :58 second mark to grab the inside line and put that kw in the back seat ... I was making a few sharp turns like that yesterday ... the Husky seemed to like it ...

1:21 mark ... thats going for it ... That front wheel looks very high over that jump ... Its looks obvious that you are wanting to put the guy away, then and there ... Nice move carrying that speed over the jump, around the next corner and up the next straight away ... U are becoming a beast! It may not be that easy always but you and that Husky ain't gonna be easy either ...

You probably heard it all before but U gotta relax and not work too hard and let the bike do the work to save UR energy ...

How do you deal with all those ruts? They are a show stopper 4 me ..
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Awesome job dude!
    Once you get out front it was all over for the rest of the field. Sweet!
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Racing is advertising ... all in attendance know a Husky was on the track ...
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I have not been practicing all that much, I did start going to the gym though... All cardio all the time, it has helped my racing a ton.

I had the forks and shock re-valved by Dave at Pro Motion Suspension, this was the third ride on them I think. They rule, it really eats up the chop well and I am not bottoming like I was before. The rear would blow through the travel really bad, it almost spit me off a couple times. It is much much better now and way more confidence inspiring.

Yep I have known him since we were kids, not friends really but we have no problem with each other. The funny thing is Dax the owner of the shop where I get my non Husky specific parts stomped out my gate and told me to launch hard and elbow my way in front of Aaron #205. We all laughed and the opposite happened. It is all just racing. I do need to work on my starts though, I got much better on my TXC for some reason.

Yes the Husky does that very very well, my friend Jason gives me crap for doing it because he wants me holding wider lines and carrying more speed. The Huskys just turn in so great it is hard not to.

Haha, at 1:21 I seat bounced that tabletop, not something I do often and not something I am entirely comfortable with. I don't even know why I did it but it seemed to work out. Beast is the last word someone would use when describing me... [IMG]

The ruts are like twice as wide as your tire... How much room do you need? [IMG] It is all confidence, look as far ahead as you can see and ignore the ruts.

Later,
  13. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

That looks like so much fun!! Way to school them!![IMG]

Go Husqvarna!!! [IMG]
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You looked like you were totally confident in the suspension with your landings ...

Here is another question on your style ... You are not on the throttle when you landing many times ... Most riders always hit the ground with the throttle on ...

Look ahead and ignore the ruts? ... I'll start trying something like that as it is totally killing me on some tracks ... That track was looking gnarly in the second moto :) ... The good riders do not slow much if any in the worsting conditions .. The rest of us just try to complete the circuit ...

Sometimes railing the corner is best but not always ... If I can catch a guy going wide and ~slow, I'm pivoting and gassing hard down the straight on my Husky ...
  15. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

That TC sounds really good. Jakes superior skills and conditioning made short work of those fella's. [IMG]
  16. Lil Los Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great vids! Just took my new to me 10' TC250 to the track yesterday. Damn that thing can stop and turn! Don't even have to think about it, it just does it. Great job out there. Everything I read about it being slow blah-blah-blah, well, it looked like a winner that night! Well done.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    KTM125, KXF250 CRF250... as usual it is more the rider than anything else.

Jake, you going to try the CR125 Thursday or stick with the TC250?
  18. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Bring the 125. I'll be there to cheer you on
  19. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Those were 450s and a 250 smoker... The age group classes don't have cc limits...

I still need to work on my starts but I would think the 450s have an advantage...

Too bad most people can't hold on to them formore than a lap...

I might bring the 125 out for fun and race two classes. I am a bit nervous about switching between 2 and 4 stroke in a race setting though.

Ben will be rocking the 125 out there soon though.

Later,
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    UR call, but riding 2 different race cases means more fatigue ... And you might start to loose UR mental edge also as the day \ night passes ...