Thursday's Ride- Upper Nestucca 2015

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Hoov165x, May 29, 2015.

1. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Latest: 2014 FE250
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    sweeet who's the jerk who made off with all your rocks
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's some smooth riding ... You doing most that riding in 3rd gear? I don't hear alot of gear changes .., And looks like you are gripping the bike well towards to front of the shrouds ..Are you tall or sitting up front on the bike?
  4. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Welcome to the GoPro, where uphills and downhills become flat, twisty trails become straight, rocks magically disappear, and you have to go 40 mph to look lime you are going 20...... Weird.

Riding done mostly in third with a lot of clutch. It's not as smooth as it looks, although it's not our most technical terrain. I was sporting a loaner 4CS fork to play with so it was a bit stiffer than the rear, that's why I was forward. And I have long legs
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Hoov are you finding the 4CS nirvana yet? Hope you get them dialed and if not you can always go the ZipTy, Race Tech route and turn them into "open bath" forks...........for minimum cash outlay. It took a while even after my mod but after adding 25cc 5w per leg I'm finally close to the correct bottoming resistance for me (along with going from .48s to .46s). And yes the wide angle just flattens the heck out of terrain and pucker factor single track speeds look like jogging speed.
  6. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Robert,

I am on my third Race Tech OC rendition and haven't been able to get it even close. I borrowed a fork from Darrell at Suspension By Design that was his personal setup- and it was great. Stock CC configuration with one way needles in place. Asymmetrical valving- a version of Wilkey's (MX-Tech) setup I believe. The control, traction, and chassis balance was spot on after I did a little clicker spinning. Needless to say the RT parts are up for sale now.........
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hoo, I was meaning your riding style was smooth not necessarily the terrain ... These helmet cams just smooth about everything out... That's fine but losing the hill grades really takes alot away from our videos ...

I was trying that 3rd-gear and leave it stuff on my 250... not quit enough speed so I went 4th and left it ...not quite enough HP so I'll have to do some gear changing apparently or carry much more speed and rapppe the bike with the clutch ... But, leaving a bike in 1 gear is so much easier to ride ... (just about everytime a new rider gets on a 450 here, they all say the same thing ...you only have to turn the throttle to go faster)

--

New word!
    a·sym·met·ric

(ā′sĭ-mĕt′rĭk) also a·sym·met·ri·cal (-rĭ-kəl)adj.
    a. Having no balance or symmetry: an asymmetric design.
    b. Uneven in distribution.
  8. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ray,

The asymmetrical setup has different valving in each side of the fork.

Thanks for the compliment on the style. I think it is starting to come back after my lack of riding the past several years. I have a looong ways to go though. I am just having a blast riding more and more lately. The addiction has caught me again..... ;)