1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Tire recommendations for WR150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BCdirtbikegal, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Almost time to pull the studded tires off and get the bike ready for this race season which includes new tires. I ride mostly single track, 1st/2nd gear type trails, roots, rocks, fairly tight, variety of terrain with racing (hare scrambles) and I'm wondering what others with this bike use? I've tried a trials and liked it other than sandy hill climbs I just didn't have the weight to make the rear tire track up it, then had a Pirelli Scorpion on, and so far just had the stock front tire. Thanks :)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Motoz Terrapactor have become my hands down favorite tires for that type of riding. Not sure who in Canada deals them but they are VERY good. Last a long time and hook up like crazy on roots, rocks and clay base.

[IMG]
    jmetteer likes this.
  3. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I have heard a lot of good things about the Motoz but havnt used them......yet. I used Michelin S-12's for the past couple years for similar racing that you do and have come to really like them.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Blake will be by shortly to tell you his S12 / motoz experience...
  5. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    My last bike (KTM 250 4 stroke) I had the S12xc (think it was xc) and Maxxis combo and liked that, so let me know how the S12 is with the motoz rear. I found a fairly local dealer that has carried Motoz tires for a few years, and priced really well ($69.99 cdn.) for the terapactor s/t and the wear on them is supposed to be really good. Looking into a few others...
  6. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    How about Goldentyre? Any experience with those?
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    S12's are the worst front tire I have had in a LONG time... Especially on the 125... I bought a S-12 to replace a Motoz, thinking fresh is better... I rode that front tire for about 5 rides before I had a gash in the sidewall. Kept riding it for another 5 rides before it was chunked so freaking bad. over 1/2 the side knobs missing, etc.... I absolutely would not recommend this tire, unless you are planning on riding where there are no rocks/roots...

I ended up throwing the S-12 in the trash, and putting the Motoz back on until more are available.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run the Motoz on my 144 and my TC250; awesome tires with a l o n g tread/tire life.
  9. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I like Pirelli MT16's for the back tire. Great traction on all terrain and really good in mud. They last a long time too.
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pirelli Scorpion Pro front and MX Extra 100/100X18 rear on the WR150, 13/52 gearing. If you make it a 165 then the MT16 rear is the way to go. 110/100X18. 14/52 gearing.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Last set of moto z I had weighed about twice what any other tire does... Wore great and horrible traction... Mx31 front rear now
  12. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I run a S-12 up front exclusively and love it. (used to run Dunlop 990"s but no longer made) I've used it on my YZ125, KTM 400exc, KX250, Honda 650XL, TE450 and now my wr144. I've ridden sand, roots, rocks, clay, soft mud, hard pack, blacktop, in NJ, PA, CO, UT, NM, NY, DE, VA, KY, IL, OH, MS, and WV. To me the performance is superb and I hadn't experienced any "short life". Run 12 psi and moose heavy duty tubes in "all" conditions. I'm not doubting your experience, just stating mine.
    On the rear for off road......IRC M5B. Dual Sporting I've found the Kenda trackmaster 760 to be a good combo of performance and longevity.
  13. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I like the terrapactor front on my CR, it works better than a D756 for me. Seems to hold the side hill really well.
  14. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Either the Terrapactor S/T(non DOT) or Tractionator S/T (DOT) are really good choices.

Racermx904 wrote;
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with that. They weigh pretty close to what most other comparable tires weigh. The Terrapactors are light MX tires. The Tractionators are a bit heavier enduro tires. Make sure to compare apples to apples...... If you want to talk heavy tires, pick up a Teraflex 150 rear; it weighs 19lbs!
    Regarding traction- which Motoz were you using and for what conditions? Used properly in the right conditions these are hard to beat.......

They do wear exceptionally well though.
  15. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    What would you put on the front with a terrapactor? Terrapactor on the front as well? I did like the Michelin S12xc I had on my last bike for the front, no issues and I know lots of riders around that use them or the M12xc (M/T). And sizing for both? My stock tire (Michelin Enduro Competition) was 120/90/18 and never really rode with it, pulled it off as it was too stiff. Then put on the Pirelli Scorpion mid-soft/110/100/18 so was going to stick with that size. Front has just been the stock tire.
  16. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

For what you want, just stick the tires in Kelly's pic (post #2) on each end. I think you'll find them more than adequate.

The S/T ones will last the longest & work best when conditions are sandy/soft/muddy...........
    BCdirtbikegal likes this.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The terrapactors front and rear are my all time favorites right now. Do not weigh more than other tires, wear GREAT, and hook up amazing. I hate S12's as I can't keep them together. I flat and slice them open more than any tire I have ever used and they last half as long and get worse traction IMHO. The Enduro ST is a long lasting more robust tire, slightly heavy and IMHO does not hook up as well in intermediate terrain as the Terrapactor does. The Enduro IT is an excellent IT tire, works great on a lot of stuff and wears like IRON but slightly on the heavy side.

Blake and I ride together a lot. He bought the S12's and I cringed. I already had 400 miles on my terrapactors and his S12's got less traction and are in the trash, I am still running the same terrapactors and they still have a lot of life on them with no clunking or missing knobs. I get 1.5-2x more life out of these Motoz than other tires which makes them a fantastic bargain. Real good for those of us that ride a ton and go broke buying tires. Usually you get wear or traction, with the Motoz you get both.

My opinions only. Run what you like. :thumbsup:

Also I am not saying this to sell them, i make almost nothing and you can buy them from several other sources. Mike Kay recommended them, I tried them and have 100% on board with these tires other than the occasional trials tires for specific ride areas that have tons of rock and roots with rain.

Some motoz don't seem to work well with the tubless system for some reason BTW. They work but can leak or have trouble keeping a bead.
    BCdirtbikegal likes this.
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

No worries dude!!! Some people gots to love them, or they wouldn't stock them everywhere...
    However your comment on the M5B..... There's one I can agree with!!! :thumbsup:
  19. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    They were the tractionators....total mix of terrain is what we were riding...to me they were one of the few tires you could feel the weight difference...front side bite was bad and rear didnt work all that great either...He paid something like 150 plus shipping...so they should last longer...you can pick up S12s or MX31s for 110 no shipping...

That being said everyone likes a different tire...its like arguing about premix or grips....I am very heavy on the front tire....need a positive feel on the front...I couldnt stand the S12...to be honest I wish I could still get 756s...once you find a tire combo that works for you stick with it...

and just for the info...I worked at Chapparral during the 80s and 90s and had to mount Teraflex tires all the time...those were awful tires...
    Motosportz likes this.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    S12's rule the roost in my part of the country. We have a lot of roots and off camber, with a lot of clay. The clay has minimal traction wet or dry and at its worst when it just gets a little wet on top and turns to "ice". Rocks are mostly in creeks, but we do long runs down them. Some guys run M12 fronts and some S12's. With the old style 2 stroke frame ('00 WR250, '02 WR125) I'd run M12 when it was dry for better feel and S12 in the wet. With the new frame on the '09 WR125, I can run a S12 wet or dry and get consistent front end feel.
    justplayin likes this.