1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc tires on 2009 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by billyp10980, Dec 26, 2011.

1. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I right tight
    rocky ,rooted northeast singletrack with some mud and at this time of the year when no snow lots of slippery leaves thrown in the mix. The stock tires aren't cutting it. I was thinking the MT16 or 404 on the rear. Any other suggestions?
  2. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

First line is supposed to start with I RIDE not right. Damn autocorrect!
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    the Motoz Tractionator Enduro S/T's have been awesome in northeast terrain on my 144 (thanks, Kelly!). ive run them in sharp rocks, mud, roots, wet leaves, silt, sand... always hook up. they can handle low pressures really well too.

i'll be grabbing another set when these are toast :thumbsup:
  4. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is that a front and rear combo or just the rear on the Motoz?
  5. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

M 59 Bridgestone front, heavy tube and 10 pounds, trials tire in rear heavy tube and 6 pounds and deal with it in the mud. Unreal rock combo.
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    front and rear combo.
  7. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Pirelli xcms front and rear.
  8. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pirelli XCMS have been great on my WR250. Michelin M-12's are a good option and S-12's are better as long as you don't mind replacing the rear twice a year...
    oregonsage likes this.
  9. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    The Metzler MC5's are awesome, they last a long time work great on rocky,rooty, dusty, muddy, wet leaves, dry leaves, pretty much any terrian Ive been on they've hooked up great, also i've had great luck with the michelin m-12s, no dunlops though unless you want to have to change tires after every ride.
  10. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Steve I have used the M59 before on the front of my KDX and like it. But what do you mean by deal with it in the mud for the trials tire? Do find the trials tire to be no good in the mud?

Thanks everyone for the response
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    On my 09 WR250 I use Tubliss on the front and back with a Bridgestone M59 @ 12psi on the front and a Pirelli MT43 @6 1/2psi on the back. Here in MO there is a mix of terrain but lots of roots, logs and rocks with the occasional sand and mud thrown in. I find my set up to be ideal for what I'm riding and the plus side is the MT43 seem to be lasting forever and even when worn hooks like velcro. In the greasy clay mud the MT43 is not ideal but I don't know what tire would work better.
  12. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

BillyP, I raced a tough mud, rock, roots enduro a few years ago after a big rain storm in Hancock, NY and went there with my new Huskie to kick my loud mouth buddies ass. In the morning I used the four year old Dunlop trials tire and smoked his score. I was winning the A Super Senior class at the time, altho I didn't know it at the time. It was a mud fest with very nasty uphills and I felt awesome all morning hanging with my buddies on my line that were 20 years younger and A riders. Just for grins as I wasn't in the points race I figured I swap wheels and put on a rear 19" Michelen MH3 for the afternoon at the gas/lunch break. BIG MISTAKE. My buddy smoked me in the afternoon and won the class. That knobby never stopped spinning and we laugh about it to this day. Granted my buddy was riding on a line with one of our buddies that has won a few GNCCs overall, therfore tugging him along, they both wanted me beaten as I kinda run my mouth a bit. What I mean is a trials tire in the mud and in mud corners takes a bit of finesse, stay on the gas and keep the tire cleaned out. I am still using the same rear trials tire and it must have about 400 miles on it and is amazing. I did get some revenge and smoked my old buddy at the last ice race National in Lake George so the battle goes on. Good fun and we get a hell of a laugh out of it racing each other still. Happy New Year. Try a trials tire.
    lankydoug likes this.
  13. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    rocky, rooty terrain here as well, love the M59 for the front
    currently running the B-stone 404 in the rear
  14. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Love the Bridgestone 403 Front and Michelin trials tire with mousse inserts here in rocky PA.
  15. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    thats the best combo !!! been running that for 2 years now, also the mt16 works great for the rear if you ride with a bit more mud
  16. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Exacto mundo Bradd, my second choice but use the 120/100 X 18 and low air pressure for North East speeds. That's what the fast guys I ride with generally use and they are as hard core as it gets.
  17. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see alot about the MT 43 trials tire or the 803. They both seem to get good reviews from the singletrack guys that ride in the gnarly , nasty terrain. Im going to have to take a peak at those. Tough decision!
    All the guys I ride with run the m59 , mt16 combo. Maybe its time to be different.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The 803 is a true trials tire with a very flexible sidewall and would work better with a tube compared to the 43 but you won't get the high speed stability of the DOT MT43. The advantage of the 43 is high speed stability and because of the stiffer sidewall it works awesome with the Tubliss and eliminates pinch flats. An advantage of trials tires that is rarely mentioned is that they grow at high speed like a drag slick so it's like having an overdrive gear. Make sure and leave a little extra room so it won't rub the mud flap.
  19. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

X2 for the Motoz. I run an S/T Rear, and an I/T front. They really do work awesome, and still work great at the end of their lifespan.