1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Tis' the season to be......lost!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by tommytwostroke, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Here in the mountains of BC, Canada, things are starting to cool off rather quickly. Whether we like it or not, time for hookin' up the trailer with the trusty steeds is coming to a halt. BUT.....now is the time to start planning the future of our best friends, the dirty bike!
    I was just thinking....What better way to get a head start on healing the wounds acquired from this seasons forays, than to ask everyone to input there own seasonal shut down regimes that they perform on there two wheeled companions. Anything from ;tearing it down and rebuilding piece by piece, to a quick reminder to at least let the air in the tires down to a minimal pressure. Inquiring minds want to know!
    Things like:"should I keep my bike on a stand in the garage" etc. etc. etc. I am positive the replys would be welcomed.

Tommy:popcorn::canada:
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We are lucky here in so calif as we ride all 12 months today it will be 80
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    These seasons you speak of...we do not know this concept....

Anyway, I do quit putting the bike on the back of the pickup for awhile when we go to the mountains.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here in VA we just wear more cloths and ride.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Tommy,

I am all but done with the 167. Wheel bearings-check; Linkage-check; Swing arm bearings-check; Steering head-check; New chain and sprockets-check; tighten and spiff everything-check; Plan a two week jaunt to warmer climes-still a work in progress.
  6. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

hey tommy -

I just let the insurance expire on the plate, otherwise nothing to do. I will get up to Squamish for low elevation trail riding every couple weeks or so, just make sure to wear good raingear. January I will truck it down to Death Valley for a week of riding.

IF you have a sled (in pemberton, aren't you required by town bylaw to have one?) then it doesn't make as much sense to ride in Squamish in the winter.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We in the NW get out our winter bikes. Grip heaters, studded tires, headlight. My winter bike is my $300 94 WXC250, awesome winter bike with big flywheel lugging power, grip heaters, low seat. Lets get ready to rumble...

[IMG]
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey your chain looks a little loose on your winter bike K.
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

I fixed that for ya :D

WoodsChick
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Sorry, I almost forgot the twin and Eric. ;) I am strongly considering taking the first two weeks in December and exploring. I am up for sudgestions from anyone with warmer southwest ideas. :thumbsup:
  11. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OOOOOOOH TAKE ME! TAKE ME!.....crap... I can't go anyway.. I got this thing called work that always gets in the damn way..:banghead:
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

One of the benefits of being a Northwest / Rocky Mtns golf course superintendent is Winter brings time off in bunches. The inherent quality of the office is the other. :thumbsup: The winter shot is from my actual office window.

Attached Files:

13. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Old Picture but you get the idea.:D

[IMG]